Confirmed with Link: Coyotes extend Conor Garland for 2 years

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Good :D

I like this guy, he works his ass off al lot of times, and plays good.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Very well done all around, it sends all the right messages from the player and Chayka.

If he keeps improving, there will be a significantly improved contract waiting for him next year.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Was totally expecting 2 mil. Kid needs a new agent.

I don't think he's worth $2M/year right now. I look at this extension as a bridge deal to see if his play is a trend or a bubble. No questioning his hustle and work ethic, but remember how Connauton looked last year compared to this year?

Hoping that his next deal is significantly higher based on merit.

So happy to have him for the necks two years

Beauty.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
While it's nice to see his success, we're talking about a player with 36 career NHL games, who made the most of his opportunity with all the injuries this season.

I can understand choosing the guaranteed 1-way contract money for a couple years.
Only 36 games but it's obvious the kid is a player. Usually caphits that low are reserved for borderline nhlers these days.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Only 36 games but it's obvious the kid is a player. Usually caphits that low are reserved for borderline nhlers these days.

It's the 1-way vs 2-way contract. I'd be willing to bet Chayka offered him the option of a 2-way deal with a slightly higher NHL salary. Taking the 1-way offer guarantees he gets paid the NHL salary even if he ends up back in the minors.

Reactions: Ebbisen and Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad