GDT: Coyotes @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
It’s early but that’s a bad roster on balance. I’m amazed they are not losing most of their games.
No offense but, their roster looks as reconizable as an ECHL roster does to me. With that said they'll make the Devils earn two points and have a goalie who's know to steal his team points.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Vanacek is just relaxing somewhere nice.

CC327EDD-6777-4954-AF5D-509D48419B51.jpeg

My take on the Yotes - young fast team that won’t be out worked . Playing with a chip on their shoulder. Have a couple guys that can score and can finish given limited chances . It will be a test of matching their work level.
If we match their effort - win .

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Arizona’s underlying numbers are atrocious and they’re scoring way above their xG rate, which suggests they’ve benefited from bad goaltending. With normal goaltending, we should be good tonight.
Are you sure this is why they're winning though? Because the media told me it's because of how hard working they are and that they don't care about Bedard and they're just going out there to win and they just refuse to tank for Bedard and they're not worried about Bedard.

But seriously, also throw in there that Vejmelka is playing way above his head right now. Far above his true capabilities. Mainboard thread and his WEIRD cult following be damned.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Section 8.

Overcompensating to make up for missing Thursday's game. Plus, I figure I'll eat my weight so that'll help justify it as well.

LFGD!
Ironically section 8 is the high end district.

Are you sure this is why they're winning though? Because the media told me it's because of how hard working they are and that they don't care about Bedard and they're just going out there to win and they just refuse to tank for Bedard and they're not worried about Bedard.

But seriously, also throw in there that Vejmelka is playing way above his head right now. Far above his true capabilities. Mainboard thread and his WEIRD cult following be damned.
Players never tank unless they want to get moved or are trying to get their coach fired!!! Tanking is only when management is putting less talent on the ice to purposely bottom out and get some high end prospects.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010

9.1 GSAx for Vejmelka. Bound to come down.

• Love
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
9.1 GSAx for Vejmelka. Bound to come down.
There's so many people that are convinced that the Coyotes make him look worse than he is, but it's funny that last year his GSAx was even lower than his GSAA by over 7 goals. So even if he had a league average save percentage last year (GSAA of 0.00), he still would have been roughly a -7.2 GSAx.

But tell me how much worse the Yotes make him look than he really is. Isn't it quite possible that a 26 year old Euro league goalie just might not be good at the NHL level? I would say it's more than quite PROBABLE than quite possible.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
It’s early but that’s a bad roster on balance. I’m amazed they are not losing most of their games.

Columbus was a pretty bad team last year but they started 12-6-0 last season because they were shooting 11.15% (4th best) and had a .914 SV (9th best) through those 18 games. Their 24 points was tied for 11th most at the time.

Hockey can be a bit random, they were riding a hot streak, just like Arizona is.

Columbus’ PDO was 1.021 at 18 games last season and Arizona’s is coincidentally 1.021 now (go figure.) Arizona is shooting 11.97% (3rd best) and has a .901 SV (14th).

In comparison, we’re shooting 9.62% (20th) and have SV% of .897 (19th) with a PDO of 0.993.

And with that we’re generating 3.61 G/60 (7th) and allow 2.55 G/60 (5th). The benefit of playing well.

Arizona is generating 2.84 GF/60 (23rd) and allow 3.54 GA/60 (26th). So they’re playing not nearly as well.

This season Columbus is shooting 8.82% (26th) and their SV% is .876 (32nd). They generate 2.68 GF/G (27th), give up 4.37 GA/60 and their PDO is 0.964. So that’s what bad play and bad luck’s baby looks like.

Arizona also shot pretty well last season though and is a patient team. If you only bend and don’t break them they will wait for their chances and can take advantage of them.

We’re a much less sloppy team and way more patient team this season so I’m not particularly afraid of that strategy working against us this time. (Last year we broke the flood gates in Arizona but were pathetic in NJ vs them and were deservedly picked apart.)

The only wild card is our AHL goalie, he’s talented but not a NHL goalie and he had a rough time last year. It would be awesome for him to win this but who knows.

I’m curious how Valimaki looks, it amuses me that Calgary is playing much worse defensemen in their line-up now after losing him on waivers.

• PDO - Shooting percentage plus save percentage. (GF/SF)+(GA/SA)

2021-22

2022-23

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I might get some trash thrown my way for this opinion but I'd be okay with the streak ending with a loss to Coyotes just because it would be hilarious.:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Guttersniped

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Lot of red jerseys on NJ transit and Brooklyn subway this afternoon.

The pride is returning in full force. So many repressed millennial fans ready to get wild.
That’s awesome to hear. Hopefully they can continue to play awesome and pack the Rock every night.
I went to a “Jersey City “ store ( sell jerseys / hats etc, nothig to do specifically with NJ) . Not sure if they are a Canadain only store ? )
Anyways , I went in to see if they had any Devils gear. Nope. Big surprise , they only have CanadIan and original 6 stuff for the most part. BUT there was another person in the store at the same time that just asked about Devils gear as well . The worker said that they have been getting an odd amount of requests for Devils jerseys and gear ! Worker said they just ordered in a few Devils jerseys and are going to see if they need more ….
That is very cool to see happen . Maybe people around here start cheering for a real team !
Go Devils !

I wish I could pick up and move to NJ lol.

• Love
Reactions: Guttersniped

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Columbus was a pretty bad team last year but they started 12-6-0 last season because they were shooting 11.15% (4th best) and had a .914 SV (9th best) through those 18 games. Their 24 points was tied for 11th most at the time.

Hockey can be a bit random, they were riding a hot streak, just like Arizona is.

Columbus’ PDO was 1.021 at 18 games last season and Arizona’s is coincidentally 1.021 now (go figure.) Arizona is shooting 11.97% (3rd best) and has a .901 SV (14th).

In comparison, we’re shooting 9.62% (20th) and have SV% of .897 (19th) with a PDO of 0.993.

And with that we’re generating 3.61 G/60 (7th) and allow 2.55 G/60 (5th). The benefit of playing well.

Arizona is generating 2.84 GF/60 (23rd) and allow 3.54 GA/60 (26th). So they’re playing not nearly as well.

This season Columbus is shooting 8.82% (26th) and their SV% is .876 (32nd). They generate 2.68 GF/G (27th), give up 4.37 GA/60 and their PDO is 0.964. So that’s what bad play and bad luck’s baby looks like.

Arizona also shot pretty well last season though and is a patient team. If you only bend and don’t break them they will wait for their chances and can take advantage of them.

We’re a much less sloppy team and way more patient team this season so I’m not particularly afraid of that strategy working against us this time. (Last year we broke the flood gates in Arizona but were pathetic in NJ vs them and were deservedly picked apart.)

The only wild card is our AHL goalie, he’s talented but not a NHL goalie and he had a rough time last year. It would be awesome for him to win this but who knows.

I’m curious how Valimaki looks, it amuses me that Calgary is playing much worse defensemen in their line-up now after losing him on waivers.

• PDO - Shooting percentage plus save percentage. (GF/SF)+(GA/SA)

2021-22

2022-23
I understand the vagaries of small samples but even with the small sample the Dogs are essentially scoring just under three per game and giving up nearly four. I’m just impressed they’ve overcome that so far. Like the Flyers their lack of talent will catch up to them despite their good effort but trying hard can raise you from terrible to scrappy and with the ability to catch a better team napping. It’s more noticeable in thr NFL where you can see teams mail it in at times.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I might get some trash thrown my way for this opinion but I'd be okay with the streak ending with a loss to Coyotes just because it would be hilarious.:laugh:
Yeah, I'm good on being around 17k drunk angry people on a Saturday night.

So here's my awning to you.

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes