Post-Game Talk: Coyotes def. Eddie Lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Dorsett is fine lumber jacking his way around the ice. he can kill time and play mostly dead minutes. He seems to find enough offense while being in an energy role to be a nice contributor to a 4th line.

Expecting him to make offensive plays regularly though? there is zero reason for him to be put in that position. That is entirely on WD.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Desjardins has some nice qualities, but I hate his derpy response to just play Sbisa and Dorsett and other favourites more when the team is struggling to generate offense. Dorsett is the toy you have to take out of his toybox this summer.

Never thought I'd hear myself saying this, but I actually miss the post-game interviews with AV/Torts....if I have to listen to WD claim "they've got a real good team over there' when describing the Buffalo/Carolina/Edmonton/Arizona's of the NHL, I'm going to lose it....why doesn't he just once throw his team under the bus when they deserve it....would be refreshing.:shakehead

Nov 1, 2011
Never thought I'd hear myself saying this, but I actually miss the post-game interviews with AV/Torts....if I have to listen to WD claim "they've got a real good team over there' when describing the Buffalo/Carolina/Edmonton/Arizona's of the NHL, I'm going to lose it....why doesn't he just once throw his team under the bus when they deserve it....would be refreshing.:shakehead

Because his job is to keep his team buying into his message and his goals.

Coaches that throw their team under the bus, like Torts, often lose their rooms and end up losing hockey games.

I'd rather win hockey games than have entertaining post-game pressers.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
Other teams are getting hit with their share of injuries too but I'm really starting to get worried about the Canucks chances of holding off hard charging teams with their current place in the standings. They're just not looking like team that's ready to play playoff hockey. There's going to be a let down as they get core guys back but those guys will take time to get up to speed. I think the result is that the wheels may come off right as they're hitting the home stretch.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver

Coaches that throw their team under the bus, like Torts, often lose their rooms and end up losing hockey games.

I can't recall Torts throwing anyone under the bus with the Canucks. Some times he would state the obvious but he was fairly positive with the media.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Yeah. It's a fine line to walk as a coach, especially in a market that is as prying and inquisitive of Vancouver's.

And Vigneault wasn't any more insightful than WD was. Almost verbatim, he used the same platitudes and cliches. Never tipped his hand and rarely threw players to the wolves. WD is clearly cut from the same cloth. Torts, on the other hand, was not.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Didnt watch the game and glad i didnt so we bearly get a point from the 29 th team in the league and loose in the shootout then wow! Plus edler and burrows and kassian were back?? So again why didnt we sell to get high picks in the best draft in decades??? Plus LA calgary and minnesota wins??!! :shakehead

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
So again why didnt we sell to get high picks in the best draft in decades???

This isn't anywhere near the "best draft in decades." It's heavy in the top-15 and that's it. It won't be as good as 2003, 2008 or 2011. If you're going to start advocating for a tank I've got no sympathy for you.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
What the coaching staff and players have to do with this recent stretch.

throw-paper-510.jpg

Start over. It's not working.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
This isn't anywhere near the "best draft in decades." It's heavy in the top-15 and that's it. It won't be as good as 2003, 2008 or 2011. If you're going to start advocating for a tank I've got no sympathy for you.

We should of tanked is all most too late now. Still would of been good to trade guys like higgins and hamuis and bieksa at the dead line for some picks this year and prospects. And of course is the best draft doesnt matter what benning said and all his followers accept it :shakehead

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
We should of tanked is all most too late now. Still would of been good to trade guys like higgins and hamuis and bieksa at the dead line for some picks this year and prospects. And of course is the best draft doesnt matter what benning said and all his followers accept it :shakehead

Doesnt this site have an age restriction

Proto

Jan 30, 2010

I think it's deeper than the Top 15. There are some interesting names into the start of the 2nd round from what I've seen (not a ton, mind you), but after that it doesn't seem terribly deep. If the Canucks come in around 15-20 they'll still have a shot at a pretty good player.

A lot of scouts think it's a down year for the WHL. If teams buy into that, maybe Barzal is available around 15. Probably not after his recent stretch, but you never know.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
We're too deep into it to tank now, might as well make the playoffs.

If we lose in the first round it'll be a 16-18 pick and if we miss it'll be 13-14. Not enough of a jump to warrant missing out on playoff revenue, player experience and fan experience (plus the 0.01% chance of a Cinderella run).

Booshami

Apr 19, 2012
Vancouver
You think Hamhuis or Bieksa will waive their NTC? :facepalm:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Dorsett was out there with 2 mins left in the third too, if they wanted a fourth liner to put in the top 6 should have just signed Bitz to play with the sedins again

Yeah. It's ridiculous but comical at this point too. WD is just... so... blissfully unaware.

It's a great plan to hire a scouting GM and teaching coach but it does not address the team's underlying issue that the vets do not lead. The Canucks do not know what a Captain looks like! They tried a goalie, FFS! Then they put another Swede in, like the Naslund era didn't happen. Swedes do not say, "Rah rah rah or I'll fight you!"

Henrik has been putting the team on his back for pretty much the last 2 weeks or so.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I can't recall Torts throwing anyone under the bus with the Canucks. Some times he would state the obvious but he was fairly positive with the media.

Torts always defended the players in front of the media here IIRC and whenever asked about what he said to certain players on the bench he'd always say "that's between him and I" (paraphrasing). He usually tried to remain positive too in post-game pressers.

He knew he had a bit of a rep from NY and was trying to change the portrayal of his interactions with the media too at the time.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Then they put another Swede in, like the Naslund era didn't happen. Swedes do not say, "Rah rah rah or I'll fight you!"

Would you rather have "the most respected Captain in NHL history" Mark Messier? We all know how that turned out.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Willie D has officially lost his ****ing mind.

Kenins scratched, unreal. 1 Bad game

yoss

May 25, 2011
Call up Pedan, throw him in there see what he can do. He's played in the show before. I don't care, people will say too soon, plus it won't happen probably anyways though i wish it would. Put him with Hamhuis.

Kenins scratched is ridiculous if true. Thought he played better than Horvat recently though that line's production and play overall has dipped as of late imo. not that i think Horvat should be scratched either. Is McMillan still in the lineup?

Need to show up against these cali teams. Big six points up for grabs, plus in the case of Kings/Sharks good opportunity to keep them from getting points as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad