Confirmed with Link: Coyotes claim Kevin Connauton from CBJ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Which is funny, because Connauton is essentially a lefty Elliot.

A few of us were commenting that the D has to get faster, so if Connauton can skate as well as Elliot I'll be very happy.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
A few of us were commenting that the D has to get faster, so if Connauton can skate as well as Elliot I'll be very happy.
Don't believe KConn is known for his skating ability....may be the weakest part of his game.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
+10 on the Jackets, best on the team by 7. No favorable zone starts. Keep him away from top competition and he will be good, like Schlemko. Chayka influenced move for sure.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Maloney says this move adds "much needed defensive depth", so I imagine that Dahlbeck and any of the other D aren't going anywhere.

Likely a forward on the way out.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
According to my research (Spotrac) Dahlbeck has a two-way contract; doesn't that mean we can move him to the A? Elliott also has a two-way. Of the two, I think Dahlbeck would benefit more than Elliott with some extra ice-time in Springfield (we can rotate Michalek and Elliott depending on performance).

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
According to my research (Spotrac) Dahlbeck has a two-way contract; doesn't that mean we can move him to the A? Elliott also has a two-way. Of the two, I think Dahlbeck would benefit more than Elliott with some extra ice-time in Springfield (we can rotate Michalek and Elliott depending on performance).

One way or two way has nothing to do with waivers, just what a player is paid in the event they are sent down to the AHL.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Ah, thanks. I have little familiarity with all of these player contract things.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Ah, thanks. I have little familiarity with all of these player contract things.

A one way deal is what Domingue tried to hustle Maloney for. He would have been paid an NHL salary, even if he got demoted. NHL contracts are guaranteed money, unless there's a buyout, so it's a security blanket for players that feel they've earned an NHL deal.

A two way deal means there's a separate negotiated pay rate for the player in the AHL, whatever that may be. All rookie contracts (referred to as ELCs aka entry level contracts) are automatically two way. There's a 50 contracts per organization limit. Players in the Canadian junior leagues that are signed do not count against that total until they start playing pro hockey in the AHL or NHL (Fischer, MacInnis, Garland etc...).

I recommend generalfanager over sportrac. http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/arizona-coyotes

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
...How long can we exceed the 23 roster limit?

You can't. What happens is a player is designated as a non-roster player. 16.12 (b) in the CBA. Elliott was designated as a non-roster player as soon as you claimed Connauton.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Also I'm more than willing to bet that there's a bit of a gentlemans agreement around the league to not claim Elliott.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad