Confirmed with Link: Coyotes claim Kevin Connauton from CBJ

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
His +10 in 27 games this season stands out a bit.

Impressive coming from CBJ.

I briefly checked the CBJ board and they intimated that his +/- is a bit skewed because he didn't play in any of the early games; still, if he's a better shutdown guy than we currently possess, I wouldn't mind letting Dahlbeck go to the A and go back to being a two-way guy instead of continue the experiment of turning him into Zbynek Michalek.

EDIT: Dahlbeck is not waiver-exempt. Crapola.

Last edited:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I briefly checked the CBJ board and they intimated that his +/- is a bit skewed because he didn't play in any of the early games; still, if he's a better shutdown guy than we currently possess, I wouldn't mind letting Dahlbeck go to the A and go back to being a two-way guy instead of continue the experiment of turning him into Zbynek Michalek.

Interesting quote on your avatar. "anno - domi-ni."
Domi's anus?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Is All-Star Captain John Scott going to be in Springfield before he makes it to Nashville? Or are we going to see another move?

EDIT: Apparently, yes, the big man is going to be the only NHL All-Star playing in the AHL.

Last edited:

jmichael7753*

Jan 24, 2009
cant help by wonder why some of you people think Dalhbeck is a bad defensemen. He's young and growing with a great future.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
cant help by wonder why some of you people think Dalhbeck is a bad defensemen. He's young and growing with a great future.

Not saying he is a bad defenseman or we want him out. Maybe it's Elliot, or Stone leaving.

Just makes sense that it's Klas because of handedness and projected role on defense.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

FWIW, Connauton seems reasonably well thought of by Jackets fans. Also has pretty nice stats on a garbage team, though in limited minutes. I don't know much about him directly though. Seems they just had to re-arrange their deck chairs and he's the odd man out with Werenski and Jones in the fold.

I don't think people are looking to chuck Dahlbeck overboard. This was a good opportunity to improve the D Depth so Maloney took it. Now he's gotta maneuver a bit.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm not ready to give up on Dahlbeck yet. I think he has an upside of being worthy of an NHL roster spot on a winning team in the 5-6 slot but not just yet.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Dahlbeck is the same age as OEL, drafted in the same draft.

At the current moment, he is a below average 3rd liner. KConn (nickname on Columbus Boards) I have to think brings more offensively than Dahlbeck with equal or better defense. I think this is an upgrade.

I like Dahlbeck as a depth dman, but since we're still got Grossman/Michalek/Elliott in the fold, someone has to be out, and we're certainly not going to be moving the beefier Grossman or the opposite shooting Z/Elliott so Dahlbeck has to be the odd man out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad