ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Hey guys

Josh is my cousin. He's really pumped to join the Yotes. Exciting opportunity

I'll answer any question you may have
Sweet action, glad to hear it:

What's the family relation? His dad / your mom are siblings?

Who was the cool cousin growing up? Did he teach you about new music and profanity and clothing styles? Or you him?

Is Burlington, ON a Leafs, Sabres or Red Wings town?

Why Union College? What did he study?

Sometime in the next 2-12 years, the NHL door will close. When it does, on the "career down-slope," does he straight up retire, go back to the AHL or bounce to Europe for a few seasons?

What's his Tim Horton's order?

Go-to snack food? Mr Sub, Mr Pizza or Smoke's poutine?

The Burlington, ON wikipedia page lists a number of famous sportsmen who come from the town. Jooris's name is on there, but it's not in proper alphabetical order ... it's added sloppily to the end of the list. So full disclosure, no judgement ... but did he add his own name in there?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burlington,_Ontario#Sports_2

The Tragically Hip ... not that great, right? It's safe, we're mostly Americans in here, we won't tell.

Labatts, Molson, Black Oak or Dennisons?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Was AZ one of his suitors when he decided to turn pro? Would be interesting to know how that experience progressed (number of teams, roster promises, etc.)

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Sweet action, glad to hear it:

What's the family relation? His dad / your mom are siblings?

His dad is my dads brother

Who was the cool cousin growing up? Did he teach you about new music and profanity and clothing styles? Or you him?

I like to think we both had some swag growing up.

Is Burlington, ON a Leafs, Sabres or Red Wings town?

Burlington is basically 30 mins from Toronto so plenty of leaf fans. I grew up one myself.

Why Union College? What did he study?

Business. He fell in love the atmosphere in the arena. He had lots of offers. His dad played at RPI.

Sometime in the next 2-12 years, the NHL door will close. When it does, on the "career down-slope," does he straight up retire, go back to the AHL or bounce to Europe for a few seasons?

Europe. His dad is a living legend over there. Highest scoring Canadian to ever play there.

What's his Tim Horton's order?

Go-to snack food? Mr Sub, Mr Pizza or Smoke's poutine?

Ummm good one... Chips? He eats well

The Burlington, ON wikipedia page lists a number of famous sportsmen who come from the town. Jooris's name is on there, but it's not in proper alphabetical order ... it's added sloppily to the end of the list. So full disclosure, no judgement ... but did he add his own name in there?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burlington,_Ontario#Sports_2

Not sure what your asking here sorry.

The Tragically Hip ... not that great, right? It's safe, we're mostly Americans in here, we won't tell.

Labatts, Molson, Black Oak or Dennisons?

I'll be on the boards here often. The Yotes gained a few fans today for sure.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Was AZ one of his suitors when he decided to turn pro? Would be interesting to know how that experience progressed (number of teams, roster promises, etc.)

Who do you like better, Jooris or Holland and why?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Jooris is Tippett's favourite style of player. He's going to get fed minutes. He's going to make a bigger impact than Holland, imo.

I'd love for Holland to step up and prove me wrong, buthe is what he is at this point, imo.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If Jooris was waived before Holland was traded to avoid waiving I'm guessing they don't even trade for Holland.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If Jooris were waived before Holland was traded to avoid waiving I'm guessing they don't even trade for Holland.

With Richardson likely out the rest of the year and with the inconsistent play of Dauphin, Gaudet, and Dvorak coupled with the strong likelihood that Hanzal is going to be moved then I would argue they likely would continue to accumulate options at C to get through this season.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Speaking of Richardson, I noticed he was in the room last night when they did the belt thing. With a broken leg at all. He could just be sitting at home. That's a team guy right there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad