Confirmed with Link: Coyotes claim Josh Jooris from NYR

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Poor Gaudet always getting sent down after he plays a strong game :laugh:

Maybe they'll move Martinook back to wing now with 2 more centers on the team.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
More free center depth is good. The fact that our new center depth is a waiver pick up and a guy we got for free from the leafs is kind of depressing, but whatever, as long as it makes us less putrid it's good. Agreed with sniper that I hope this means Martinook stays at wing now.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
He's got a good motor, if memory serves.

Also a right shot C. Always helps. With this and Holland, it's more center depth than we had 3 days ago, so there's some progress there.

Getting Gaudet back to the AHL gives them a little more talent since we've robbed them of Dauphin, Perlini, DeAngelo, etc.

I hope we keep chipping away at the center position.

Edit: Mouser would probably know this - do we lose our spot in the waiver order with this claim? Or are still in the same slot?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Edit: Mouser would probably know this - do we lose our spot in the waiver order with this claim? Or are still in the same slot?
There's no such thing as "losing your spot" in waiver claim order. It's always based on points percentage (i.e.:per games played), so basically the league standings, but inverted.

Never heard of Josh Jooris. Before I looked him up, I assumed SJS or CGY. He's the only right shot center in our entire organization, so there's that. Here's hoping he's more Kevin Connauton than Jiri Sekac.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
More free center depth is good. The fact that our new center depth is a waiver pick up and a guy we got for free from the leafs is kind of depressing, but whatever, as long as it makes us less putrid it's good. Agreed with sniper that I hope this means Martinook stays at wing now.

Tippett will love this as long as they don't score too much.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
In Calgary he was mostly used as 4th line RW. Most of his production came when he was centering Gaudreau for a short while, but he's the kind of player that can play well without finding the scoresheet. He was never a liability out there but the effort/compete that got him to the NHL in the first place seemed to wane after a while. If he can keep the effort at maximum he'll be a great bottom six option for the Yotes.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Can anyone give us a scouting report on him?

He's a light in the ass bottom 6 guy that always caught my eye when the Coyotes played Calgary. "Lots of try" plus he hits despite his size if I remember right.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Get Burmistrov while we're at it. Acquire all of the defensively good but not much else bottom 6ers out there.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He's a light in the ass bottom 6 guy that always caught my eye when the Coyotes played Calgary. "Lots of try" plus he hits despite his size if I remember right.

He plays with an edge, that's correct. I like Jooris a lot and I'm sure Tippett will like the guy as well. Undrafted player who worked his way up the hard way. Not a creative guy but he has some skill. Bob Hartley used to like and play him a lot in his first season. Sadly, as good as he is, he's also a fragile guy and that's why his numbers dropped.
He's a bottom six center but what many don't know is that he actually successfully played the wing in a top six role. Hartley used him in all situations and he did well.

He may need time to find his groove so this is more of a project... but this is a tremendous claim. We got ourselves a hardworking guy who wins faceoffs and can play PK, bottom six Center and Winger on all four lines.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

6'1" 200 lb light in the ass?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He plays with an edge, that's correct. I like Jooris a lot and I'm sure Tippett will like the guy as well. Undrafted player who worked his way up the hard way. Not a creative guy but he has some skill. Bob Hartley used to like and play him a lot in his first season. Sadly, as good as he is, he's also a fragile guy and that's why his numbers dropped.
He's a bottom six center but what many don't know is that he actually successfully played the wing in a top six role. Hartley used him in all situations and he did well.

He may need time to find his groove so this is more of a project... but this is a tremendous claim. We got ourselves a hardworking guy who wins faceoffs and can play PK, bottom six Center and Winger on all four lines.

Good in the dot. That is exactly what we have being missing.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Hey guys

Josh is my cousin. He's really pumped to join the Yotes. Exciting opportunity

I'll answer any question you may have

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm pretty happy about this. Definite upgrade for the 4th line. It's sad that two waiver/nothing trade pickups might improve our squad, but I'll stick to the positive haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad