Confirmed with Link: Coyotes claim Burmistrov

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Is it just me or does this seem to be taking an abnormally long amount of time? Seems like usually when people get claimed off waivers its pretty fast process?

Holland took way longer than Jooris because Holland came from a Canadian team and Jooris from an American team. Both are Canadian citizens. Burmistrov is coming from Canada but is Russian. That's probably why.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Surely he already had a passport?

It gets taken during the visa process and then returned with the visa stamps or paper stapled on one of the pages. When I went to Russia on a US passport the Russian consulate had my passport for a bit and it was then returned with the approved visa. Burmistrov must have received word that he was approved via email and then had to wait for the paperwork to arrive.

By the way, Moscow in November is cold and grey. Unreal subway stations on the ring line that surrounds Moscow. Each one was like an art museum. Got in trouble at Lenin's tomb because I didn't realize I needed to take my hat off. It was taken off for me and given to me to hold in my hand behind my back. For some reason only the men had to clasp their hands behind their back.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
It is interesting Tippett is waiting for Burmistrov to get his skating legs under him..

I wonder if that has to do with Downie's twitter :)

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I thought he was just going to wait and make sure he could coach any offensive instincts out of him first :sarcasm:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm sure he was working out. You can't go from 10 days of cold to 10 minutes ice time in a game without doing aerobics daily. That wouldn't put him in game shape. For that he would need to do NHL practices. It would get him to the point that after a few days of NHL practice he would be ready.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Why not both?

From what little I know about Burmi, he seems like the exact wrong fit with both of those guys on his line. Apparently one of Burmistrov's big time flaws is Boedker style hold the puck and do nothing play. Perlini and Duke need to shoot and if they aren't getting the puck that's not gonna fly. Dvorak or Hanzal makes more sense IMO. I'd say though that if Burmistrov can prove himself a bit with other players I wouldn't be opposed to such a line.

Probably McGinn/Crouse with Burmi to start is what I'd do.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
It's really pathetic when a guy is waived from a team and has not played a lot of hockey this year. Then he comes in and is by far your best hockey player in his first game with this team. On a positive note Burmistrov has been solid. On a negative note the more Burmistrov gets to play the more he gets to adapt to Dave Tippett hockey.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
New players are usually great for the Coyotes for the first five games or so until they can instill the "get the puck deep, make them go 200 feet, defend the deficit" coached into them.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
New players (of this ilk) for the Coyotes are always cast offs of others and typically play well for a time because they are actually capable for a time. It's like kids playing well for a time, when they're psyched for a tournament, call up etc. Don't forget there is a reason they were cast off and consistency typically supersedes a poor fit.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Having said the below, or above depending on how you format, it's possible Burmistrov is being auditioned as a stop gap for Hanzal and precursor to eventual Strome.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
New players (of this ilk) for the Coyotes are always cast offs of others and typically play well for a time because they are actually capable for a time. It's like kids playing well for a time, when they're psyched for a tournament, call up etc. Don't forget there is a reason they were cast off and consistency typically supersedes a poor fit.
Spot on. That 3-5 game jump, then back to the player the former team waived. Jooris is there, Holland was there (but rebounded past couple games), we'll see with Burmie.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Tyson Nash was beaming over Burmie last night, maybe confused him with another Coyote Russian legend.

Burmistrov career NHL stats:
299 GP
30 goals (GPG = .10)
82 points (PPG = .27)

Dave Moss-istrov
501 GP
78 goals (0.15)
178 points (.35)

Last edited:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
He's been by far the best of the three unwanteds we grabbed, though Jooris and Holland have been bad so that's not saying much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad