Confirmed with Link: Coyotes claim Burmistrov

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Good pickup. If he can regain junior touch there is offensive upside. I'm expecting Boedker tease the rest of the year.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Definitely not a bad time of year to leave Winnipeg for Phoenix. Does that make him a Snowbird?

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
This is actually a pretty exciting acquisition. He's not the player he was when he was drafted, but the dude has tremendous speed and just the right amount of skill to still be useful and not be noticed by Dave Tippett ;)

All jokes aside, this is a good pick up. Much better than the Holland, and Jooris pick ups IMO.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
He'll fit right in at centre on the 'Yotes.....basically a black hole down the middle...not sure about the current GM...understand he's young....but was he trying to somehow prove that 'analytics' was more important than having a legit No. 1 centerman?...or even a credible No. 2?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He'll fit right in at centre on the 'Yotes.....basically a black hole down the middle...not sure about the current GM...understand he's young....but was he trying to somehow prove that 'analytics' was more important than having a legit No. 1 centerman?...or even a credible No. 2?

Keller, Strome, Dvorak as 1, 2 and 3. Our center problems are short term.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

I'm no expert but I suspect the hope is that two of Keller or Strome or Dvorak or even Patrick/Hischier/Vilardi becomes our legit No. 1 or even a credible No. 2 center in the near future. Garbage like Burmistrov or Holland or Jooris is here to fill out the roster in the meantime.

That's just my guess.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

Hold on, I'll go reach into my magic bag of holding and pull out a couple top 6 centers.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm convinced people carry their childhood fear of math into adulthood and that's how you end up with 'analytics' being such a scary word. Folks on the trade and main board are already tearing into Chayka, although I doubt they could name more than one move made without the assistance of Google.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Burmistrov is owed around 800kay for the remainder of the season and is a restricted free agent this summer. This move is beyond criticism. There is literally no downside. Anyone complaining about this is just using it as an excuse to complain.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Burmistrov is generally despised in Winnipeg because of his obvious talent coupled with unusual play style and lack of results. I'm one of a few that is a real fan of his. He works really hard in the d zone, he's good at take aways and he can maintain possesion pretty well. He rarely shoots because he has a weak shot. The most frustrating thing about his play is when he tries to gain zone entry. He hits a mental block. I hope this change of coaching will help him with that.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
January 18th in Winnipeg you can almost certainly guarantee a goal from Alex!

He is the most talented least effective player in the NHL.
All the individual skills (minus his shot) scream good player but the sum of his parts have not added up to much.

His skating is great, his stick handling is impressive, he's been a top notch PK guy... but his east west game and inability to create offense and high % of turn overs made him a permanent stay in the dog house.

The Jets had 7 forwards out with injury so that kept him in the line up for a while.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
but his east west game and inability to create offense...

The Coyotes don't know which was is east or west. There are no directions. Only a dump forward. The offense is starting at zero, so he can only really go up.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Burmistrov is generally despised in Winnipeg because of his obvious talent coupled with unusual play style and lack of results. I'm one of a few that is a real fan of his. He works really hard in the d zone, he's good at take aways and he can maintain possesion pretty well. He rarely shoots because he has a weak shot. The most frustrating thing about his play is when he tries to gain zone entry. He hits a mental block. I hope this change of coaching will help him with that.

Tries hard. Lack of results. Rarely shoots. Can't gain the zone.
It sounds like he'll fit right in under this coaching staff.

Can't figure out what to do in transition? Just dump it from center ice, kid.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Burmistrov, Holland, and Jooris are the new Tikhonov, Sekac, and Plotnikov. Crappy filler players that won't be in the NHL next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad