Confirmed with Link: Coyotes claim Adam Ruzicka [CGY] off waivers. (UPD: On waivers pending contract termination

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would guess players get drug tested....annually? Occasionally? Never? - did this guy say "hey, it's the Yotes, bush league organization, forgot to drug test me, so guess who's gonna party"?

I don't know if I've ever seen a report of an NHL player getting drug tested for recreational drugs?

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
IF the Coyote's ask the player if he does coke, your buddy Walsh would be puffing his chest and yelling from the highest mountain top.
Paging Mouser.. What kind of drug testing is allowed in the NHL? Can you do preemployment testing?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Absolutely the worst. Quick break down. Part of our core, we are not going to trade you, we are going to trade you for 2 1st and a top prospect, feels like 2 years pass, we are going to hold you out for 3 weeks so you don't get injured, finally the trade goes down with no where close to the original asking price. Lost probably our future captain for a bag of Doritos and still no clue who our core is :)

Even tops the Selanne trade and that still hurts.
I think we won the Chychrun trade.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I'd have started a "Most embarrassing Coyotes debacle" poll, but I'm not sure I've got them all.

Private draft combine tests?
The Miller draft?
Gally's run-ins with the law?
This waiver pick up?

I bet I'm missing something, though I leave out arena-related stuff on purpose.
Executives meeting with star player for contract negotiations without their GM?

Reactions: Howling Overseas

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Not the biggest fan of the return but it's really how the entire trade went down. Like Selanne only go from media reports and rumors.
Well Selanne did have his Achilles cut and a knee injury that the doctors knew would be a big problem down the road (which he was able to take care of during the lockout). Tverdovsky and Kilger weren’t difference makers though and that’s what u need if u deal someone of that significance.

Chychrun was good but he’s no Selanne. He’s barely a Freddie Olausson. I quite like But as a prospect and we seem to be able to flip 2nds for players. Durzi may have some warts but he’s nearly as good as Chychrun and doesn’t have the injury history and isn’t a year from ufa status.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
The winner of the chychrun trade at this point is gonna be determined in who the sens get when they trade him and how well that package does down the line

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Well Selanne did have his Achilles cut and a knee injury that the doctors knew would be a big problem down the road (which he was able to take care of during the lockout). Tverdovsky and Kilger weren’t difference makers though and that’s what u need if u deal someone of that significance.
Everything you said is correct but all I remember is the rumors of a dressing feud with Walt and they traded Selanne instead of Walt.

Funny the things we remember. Always disliked Walt and Tverdovsky.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
The winner of the chychrun trade at this point is gonna be determined in who the sens get when they trade him and how well that package does down the line

Not a fan of the six degrees of Kevin Bacon thingy with trades. We traded Chychrun for the 12OA pick and two 2nds. How well we utilize those assets shouldn't determine if we got fair value or not, or who won the trade 5 years later. The return is the return, IMO.

Edit: Not saying it shouldn't be a discussion, just that it's a different topic, I think.

Last edited:

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Reactions: MIGs Dog

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
From a quick search on drug testing, stories I've seen are a few years old, but I think it's under the current CBA.

Under the current program, players are tested at least twice throughout the season for performance-enhancing drugs, and 60 players are tested during the off-season. Only one-third of all the samples are also tested for drugs like cocaine.

Cocaine might only stay in the system a few days, so it might very well be missed quite often even they are testing for it.

His agent probably scored it for him lol :sarcasm:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Chychrun was good but he’s no Selanne. He’s barely a Freddie Olausson. I quite like But as a prospect and we seem to be able to flip 2nds for players. Durzi may have some warts but he’s nearly as good as Chychrun and doesn’t have the injury history and isn’t a year from ufa status.
Chychrun is barely a Freddie Olausson? Man, that is quite the compliment. I don't see why you bring up contract status. Sooner or later you have to pay for your good players. Durzi is a RFA and I would think he will get a hefty raise, which he deserves.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No. It's what the Coyote's got in the trade, and how those assets play for the Coyote's. Like they say, the team that get's the best player in a trade wins the trade.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Any guess as to how many NHL players use recreational drugs? I'm going with 30%. A positive test remains confidential. Does that mean even team management is not notified?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad