Pre-Game Talk: Coyotes @ Avs | Friday, February 28th, 7pm MT | Defensive Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Turning the page, our heroes in burgundy are back at practice in preparation for their next game against Phoenix. News is Talbot's baby is finally born. Jaxson Spartacus Talbot! Proud papa is expected back tomorrow. Johnny Malkin is absent from practice, perhaps well get an update. Carry on.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Turning the page, our heroes in burgundy are back at practice in preparation for their next game against Phoenix. News is Talbot's baby is finally born. Jaxson Spartacus Talbot! Proud papa is expected back tomorrow. Johnny Malkin is absent from practice, perhaps well get an update. Carry on.

One can only hope it's trade related. :)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't mind Mitchell as much as some do. Sometimes his moves work out. Gotta take the good with the bad on him. He's about due for one of his heroic plays to work.

Roy said he has a groin injury but should play tomorrow.

Phoenix is playing in Winnipeg tonight. Really have to take advantage of a tired group

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Am I the only one who likes Mitchell? :dunno:

I don't like or hate him. He is a 3rd liner that is frustrating because his physical talents could allow him to be more and he has the hockey IQ of (insert random object). I have maintained on here for a while that I think Roy likes him and Roy and Sakic will re-sign Mitchell.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The funny part is quite a few posters loved his game last year and talked about what an excellent bargain signing he was.

True. I was one of those people, and all things considered you can't ask for much better from a fourth-line center.

I won't lose my mind if he's re-signed, but I'd rather he go frustrate another fanbase somewhere. He just refuses to play a simple game, and you should expect that from your role players. Unfortunately, Johnny doesn't believe he's a role player, at least that's not reflected in the game he plays. He was particularly frustrating to watch last night when it just felt like every time he had the puck on his stick it resulted in a turnover.

Maybe I'm just letting popular sentiment cloud my perceptions, but I'd like a little less drama on the bottom six, less Malkin and more McClement. To put it bluntly, I like seeing Cliche out there way more than seeing Mitchell.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'm becoming more and more annoyed by Mitchell. He loses battles all over the ice this year and his decision making is so off. The only two things he does well is faceoffs and puck transport.

I think Avs need a more reliable third line center instead of Wild Card Mitchell, even if it's one with worse hands and shot.

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
4-2 Phoenix is my guess. Unless Varly is good enough to steal the game. Can't wait to get EJ back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad