Pre-Game Talk: Coyotes at Red Wings, October 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy S

May 16, 2009
I think we only have 22 active players; so there is an open roster spot. Tootoo would just go on the active roster once he's off IR without their necessarily being a corresponding move.

The tougher decisions would come when Helm or Eaves get off LTIR.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 11m
Babcock said the only change for tomorrow is Samuelsson in for Tatar.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
I think we only have 22 active players; so there is an open roster spot. Tootoo would just go on the active roster once he's off IR without their necessarily being a corresponding move.

Do we have 3 goalies on the roster though? I didnt think the monster was on LTIR and we still have Mzarek up.

RedWingsNow*

Tatar created one of our best scoring chances, setting up Miller in the slot with some hard work and good hands.
He did have an ugly turnover just inside the blueline.
One of the worst things in hockey is watching a player speed down the wing and curl it seems like it rarely leads to anything good in today's NHL.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Tatar created one of our best scoring chances, setting up Miller in the slot with some hard work and good hands.
He did have an ugly turnover just inside the blueline.
One of the worst things in hockey is watching a player speed down the wing and curl it seems like it rarely leads to anything good in today's NHL.

To be fair, Tatar is pretty much the only bottom 6 player we have who is physically capable of speeding down the wing... the others' top speed is somewhere between a mosey and a sunday stroll on ice.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Most important, Tootoo is now healthy. Healthy players can be traded and solve this roster logjam.

There has been lots of injuries throughout the league, so some organizations could start needing extra players.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 11m
Babcock said the only change for tomorrow is Samuelsson in for Tatar.

How can he still have a job? There's not a single person in the world who thinks Samuelsson is a better player than Tatar (it's even more absurd if you compare developing potential between the 2 as well)

And if you do play Tatar, why bury him with scrubs on the 4th line playing under 10mins a night? FIRE BABCOCK NOW.

NHL ain't getting a cent from me until This team has been fixed. Until then it's weekend games via VLC Player.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
How can he still have a job? There's not a single person in the world who thinks Samuelsson is a better player than Tatar (it's even more absurd if you compare developing potential between the 2 as well)

And if you do play Tatar, why bury him with scrubs on the 4th line playing under 10mins a night? FIRE BABCOCK NOW.

NHL ain't getting a cent from me until This team has been fixed. Until then it's weekend games via VLC Player.

Something something...tie goes to veteran.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Tickets are dirt cheap for tomorrow's game. 52 bucks for lower bowl/1st row. Might just go for the hell of it, even though i am not excited to see that lineup on the ice.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Tickets are dirt cheap for tomorrow's game. 52 bucks for lower bowl/1st row. Might just go for the hell of it, even though i am not excited to see that lineup on the ice.

I looked earlier and didn't see any that cheap.. what website are you using?

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I looked earlier and didn't see any that cheap.. what website are you using?

Stub hub. It's a single ticket. There are 60 dollar tickets for more than one seat that are lower bowl/row two. I can't find anyone who wants to go. They are all going to watch the Tigers game and that one seat is looking really good.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
I saw this quote and think it shines a little light on how babs might be looking at this Tatar situation...

“What I like is he does what’s right. He doesn’t let the fans coach the team, he doesn’t let the media coach the team, he does what he’s supposed to do. To me, that’s what it’s all about, you make these decisions based on experience and you go with your gut and your gut is based on a track record of being steady on the rudder and winning. You don’t become a serial winner like he is by accident, so you do the right things and good things happen.’’

It's about what he thinks of Leyland.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I saw this quote and think it shines a little light on how babs might be looking at this Tatar situation...

“What I like is he does what’s right. He doesn’t let the fans coach the team, he doesn’t let the media coach the team, he does what he’s supposed to do. To me, that’s what it’s all about, you make these decisions based on experience and you go with your gut and your gut is based on a track record of being steady on the rudder and winning. You don’t become a serial winner like he is by accident, so you do the right things and good things happen.’’

It's about what he thinks of Leyland.

I think that quote reflects the way Babcock coaches more than it says anything about the Tatar situation.

"based on a track record" - playing veterans with a proven history
"steady on the rudder" -stubbornness, not a lot of flexibility
"decisions based on experience" - Again do things that have gotten you wins in past (lame Anaheim ducks hockey) or playing players based on past experiences (Cleary, Samuelsson).

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
I think that quote reflects the way Babcock coaches more than it says anything about the Tatar situation.

"based on a track record" - playing veterans with a proven history
"steady on the rudder" -stubbornness, not a lot of flexibility
"decisions based on experience" - Again do things that have gotten you wins in past (lame Anaheim ducks hockey) or playing players based on past experiences (Cleary, Samuelsson).

That's what I was trying to say....he's playing the guys totally based on what they did for him 5 years ago, not based on what they can do today. He doesn't want to change things just because the fans and media are questioning who's in the lineup. He wants to go with what worked before, and he believes it will work again if given time.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That's what I was trying to say....he's playing the guys totally based on what they did for him 5 years ago, not based on what they can do today. He doesn't want to change things just because the fans and media are questioning who's in the lineup he want to go with what worked before and believes it will work again if given time.

Oh my apologies... Yeah, I agree with you 100%.

It's too bad the guy is so set in his ways. And it's funny, I think he gets real nostalgic about players that used to do well for him. We watch guys like Cleary and Samuelsson go out there and stink it up. It's like he's watching them play thinking they are still the exact same thing they were 5 years ago. Seems like his perception is way off.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
No other place to ask so I'll put it here - Was Hertl the guy the Wings were sniped on that they were really hot for in the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad