Pre-Game Talk: Coyotes at Red Wings, October 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Figured we could discuss the practices and things in here since we've got a few days until the next game.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2h
Wings not yet doing line rushes but looks like same combos: 40-13-8, 93-90-11, 71-18-44, 20-25-37. Tatar in gray indicating likely scratch.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2h
Tootoo and Helm also skating in gray jerseys. Defense pairs the same: 55-52, 4-65, 27-2, 23 extra.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1h
Ericsson leaves practice a little early following slight collision with Tootoo.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 29m
Ericsson said he left practice early due to sore groin acting up. But he's fine and should be good to go Thursday.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
It seems like babs is almost hoping Tatar fails or something, if he scratches him fine Tatar didnt looks amazing against boston. But he's gotta hold Bert, Cleary and Sammy to the same standard

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I honestly can't wait to see what Holland does when these guys get healthy, I can't even really predict because there's so many possibilities.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
It seems like babs is almost hoping Tatar fails or something, if he scratches him fine Tatar didnt looks amazing against boston. But he's gotta hold Bert, Cleary and Sammy to the same standard

Honestly, I don't think he does. Not unless Holland demands it, but Holland loves those guys.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Cleary back in. 1 shot -2 rating, 2 PIM's. Wings win 3-2 against another lousy team. Tatar is traded. Cleary gets a 3 year extension.

Xvash2

Jul 8, 2010
The ultimate Red Wings offensive conundrum: We need to pay the price to go to the front of the net to score some goals and generate offense, but if we pay the price we end up with more guys on the IR since we're made of glass. So what do we do? Get injured or maintain an anemic offense?

Luckily Ken Holland and Mike Babcock have a plan:
4646769+_5befb80ab11ee4c36ce90e6b92a44a5b.jpg

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I honestly can't wait to see what Holland does when these guys get healthy, I can't even really predict because there's so many possibilities.

I think he writes their names on a bullet, loads them into a revolver, spins the cylinder, and fires 3 shots at a target. Bulls-eye is a trade. Next zone waived. Target miss is a buyout.

Or something like that.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
Honestly, I don't think he does. Not unless Holland demands it, but Holland loves those guys.

He doesnt for sure. Combined stats is 8 games played and 1 goal. If the next 2 games Bert and Cleary dont put up points or generate more offense they should sit

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I think he writes their names on a bullet, loads them into a revolver, spins the cylinder, and fires 3 shots at a target. Bulls-eye is a trade. Next zone waived. Target miss is a buyout.

Or something like that.

Do you think Holland uses one of those vibrating pens that were popular in the 90's? I mean, he trades so rarely now, might as well use something vintage.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
He doesnt for sure. Combined stats is 8 games played and 1 goal. If the next 2 games Bert and Cleary dont put up points or generate more offense they should sit

If the entire hockey fan world could make a poll, I'd be shocked if it wasn't in the 90% range for Cleary, Bert and Sammy to be sat.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada

Or something like that.

Were gonna get that octopus that selected world cup teams and it will decide. Helm seems to be skating a lot so say another month or so and were really in trouble

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Do you think Holland uses one of those vibrating pens that were popular in the 90's? I mean, he trades so rarely now, might as well use something vintage.

I'd be super disappointed if it wasn't an inkwell feather pen.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I'd be super disappointed if it wasn't an inkwell feather pen.

An inkwell feather vibrating pen while wearing a slap bracelet? I think we're on to something.

As for the lines, I think we'll see this for at least half of the season, until a lineup is settled in.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Were gonna get that octopus that selected world cup teams and it will decide. Helm seems to be skating a lot so say another month or so and were really in trouble

Yeah. Holland simply HAS to move out salary here. There's no way around it for him.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
An inkwell feather vibrating pen while wearing a slap bracelet? I think we're on to something.

As for the lines, I think we'll see this for at least half of the season, until a lineup is settled in.

40 games is a good bet. Babcock believes in his boys.

But D and Z are going to get split. Count on that. They are the only line producing and that's going to drive Babcock crazy.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
40 games is a good bet. Babcock believes in his boys.

But D and Z are going to get split. Count on that. They are the only line producing and that's going to drive Babcock crazy.

I also have to wonder if moving Franzen down might spark line 2.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
When does cleary turn 35? I wanna get my bet in when he gets resigned for 3+ years now so when it happens I can be detached enough now so I don't have a stroke when it happens.

Edit: I wish alfie wasn't #11 cause everytime I see that # in the top 6 it gives me chills.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

I wouldn't sit Bert. I think the guy's been moving pretty well. That third line just needs someone who can gain the zone for them (like Tatar or Nyquist).

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I guess give Weiss, Franzen, and Alfie more time to get going, but so far, meh, not seeing it. Too early to call it a bust, but no the start we were hoping for with our $10 million dollars in new guys.

But who would have thought the last thing we'd be worried about early was Abby on the top line. ;)

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
When does cleary turn 35? I wanna get my bet in when he gets resigned for 3+ years now so when it happens I can be detached enough now so I don't have a stroke when it happens.

Edit:
I wish alfie wasn't #11 cause everytime I see that # in the top 6 it gives me chills.

Everytime I see #71 on the 1st line and 1st PP unit I want the Wings to lose and lose bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad