Post-Game Talk: Coyotes at Rangers - October 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
We look good. How bout that win-loss record when McDonagh plays more than 25 mins.. crazy any other coach in the league would trot him out for 30 a night

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
This has remained consistent through out the season so far.

Good stuff.
It really has. They are leading the league by FAR in high danger shots%.They did get out corsi'd by arizona but the Rangers quality of chances was much higher. Can't really expect much more coming of a tough divisional game, with travel on a b2b.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It really has. They are leading the league by FAR in high danger shots%.They did get out corsi'd by arizona but the Rangers quality of chances was much higher. Can't really expect much more coming of a tough divisional game, with travel on a b2b.

For sure, I'm encouraged with the way they closed the game out.

Do you know where they rank in High danger chances against?

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
[collapse=pic]
blnSmcM.png

2VcUzfJ.png

DDJ0Rf4.png

1RqXFZg.png
[/collapse]

Shot charts looks a little off. I think I need to reposition the rink image a bit to get it closer to real life.

A win is a win.

Walking Dead time.

Love the charts man!! It really shows that the quality of chances was in the Rangers favor. Look at all those chances from right in the slot.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
What site these days has up to date advanced stats? Like War-on-ice had? I swear Zibanejad has had over 60%CF every game lol

Edit: NVM

62%, tied with Kopitar. Kreider is 64%, 4th in the league. I'm afraid to say who #1 is. :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What site these days has up to date advanced stats? Like War-on-ice had? I swear Zibanejad has had over 60%CF every game lol

Doesn't include this game but has was at 62.6 coming in per corsica

I added his 15 for and 12 against tonight manually and it comes to 61.4.

What a scrub. He went down.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The rest of this team has been good enough I think to survive one of Girardi or Holden but it can't be both.

Also Hayes is the worst player on the team through six games and if I'm the coach he's watching Wednesday.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
bad game but they won so chalk it up to 2nd of a back to back and do a better job next time

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
The rest of this team has been good enough I think to survive one of Girardi or Holden but it can't be both.

Also Hayes is the worst player on the team through six games and if I'm the coach he's watching Wednesday.

I definately agree that Clendening should play over girardi or holden, but the rest of this team has been VERY good. Yes, they got out attempted tonight in the second game of a b2b. Plusthey had an eextremely tough game against a division rival last night, and had to travel. they still managed to dominate the high quality chances 17-5. Arizona had the quantity, Rangers had the quality. Ill take it given the rangers situation.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Doesn't include this game but has was at 62.6 coming in per corsica

I added his 15 for and 12 against tonight manually and it comes to 61.4.

What a scrub. He went down.

I mean, just from watching you could see he had a down night :naughty: :laugh:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I disagree about Hayes being the worst player on the team, but I think everyone has their differing opinions on who is the worst player.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I definately agree that Clendening should play over girardi or holden, but the rest of this team has been VERY good. Yes, they got out attempted tonight in the second game of a b2b. Plusthey had an eextremely tough game against a division rival last night, and had to travel. they still managed to dominate the high quality chances 17-5. Arizona had the quantity, Rangers had the quality. Ill take it given the rangers situation.

Having just a big advantage in HDSC despite getting badly out-attempted means our game was still there but we just lacked our edge and speed because we played last night. Which is fine. This is good news.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
At 5v5 they rank 21st in hd chances against and in all situations they rank 14th. Good, not great.

21st isn't good at all, especially since most of the game is played 5v5.

Holden getting the F off the top pair should help that number dip a bit. If they're going to run G out there, it has to be on the bottom pair, though I thought he still played too much tonight (that should change if they get a real 1 RHD)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Beats this time last year when we were 30th in chances against like 30 chances behind the team in 29th.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Lots of positives to look at from basically every single game so far. Four more until we hit the 10 game mark and we can get a first decently sized sample of how the team looks, and how it compares to the rest of the league.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Having just a big advantage in HDSC despite getting badly out-attempted means our game was still there but we just lacked our edge and speed because we played last night. Which is fine. This is good news.

Exactly! AV just makes me want to pull my hair out with his lineup decisions. Clendening has GOT to play somewhere. Outside of mcdonagh, he is our best pmd, and a pp point man. Hope he's back in there Wednesday, but I'm not "Holden" my breath...... :sarcasm::laugh:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I figured as much. The Rangers going in to tonight had the most high-danger shot attempts in the NHL, and it wasn't really close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad