Speculation: Coyotes Assistant/Associate Coaching Discussion (the please please please pay Scott Allen thread)

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

So MacFarland isn't coming here.

Who else is an option? I don't know anything about Hiller but the Leafs had the 8th best PP last year. Obviously the Leafs have far more scoring weapons than us, but pretty much anything is an upgrade on MacLean at this point. Hiller also has junior coaching experience, which is a nice to have because we don't have it with either Tocchet or Allen.

Another option I thought of was Bob Boughner, though I don't know if he'd be interested in becoming an assistant or if he'd be too expensive.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
MacFarland to the Leafs is now done. That didn't take long.
Smart move.

With Smith and Hiller gone and MacFarland in, does Keefe now get moved up an AC position behind Babcock? Taking over as HC in a year or 2?

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Should have been Keefe's job two years ago when we had the chance, going to be painful seeing him Head Coach another team. Going to be even worse if that team ends up being Toronto.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I read the other day that if you combine the career PIMs of Berube and Ott, it's more career PIMs than the entire Blues roster.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Can Glen Gulutzan coach a decent PP? I imagine he's going to be available soon as Tippett will bring in his own assistants to Edmonton.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Doubt he's a candidate but after back-to-back Memorial Cup wins, Mario Pouliot should start getting calls.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Agrees. I’m worried that the pending ownership change has resulted in an across the board personnel and budget freeze.
I agree, but if you were a new owner and have been watching Chayka wheel and deal at every opportunity, and give out new contracts like candy, I would do exactly the same thing.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If Dallas Eakins doesn't get the Anaheim job, I wonder if he'd be an option to replace MacLean.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad