Speculation: Coyotes Assistant/Associate Coaching Discussion (the please please please pay Scott Allen thread)

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Reassigned, rather. New guy takes over the forwards and PP. MacLean becomes assistant coach in charge of whatever.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Player liaison, I think they called it. Yes, that would be ideal. Bring in a PP/forwards coach that isn’t incompetent and move MacLean over to the bench mascot role.
Why does Tocchet need a liaison? Is he autistic? One of the top skills needed to be a coach is communicating well with the players.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
The head coach needs to take an authoritative figure, and you need an assistant to be the buddy buddy assistant. That way you have a coach who players are comfortable talking to and your head coach can lay it on thick. At least those were the best coaching staffs I've been apart of or played for. Granted I never coached or played hockey but same principle applies

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Maybe this all fits into the Kessel thing if some of Tocchet's time is going to be absorbed whispering to Kessel.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I have a feeling they like Maclean too much to let him go. Whether it's him as a person or if he does have a certain dynamic that he brings to the team, i don't know.

I think they all just realize the Powerplay isn't where he belongs.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Preds were interested in Jim Hiller but ended up hiring Dan Lambert as their new assistant/PP coach. Maybe that opens the door for Hiller to Arizona.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->