Coyotes Announcers

member 151739

really? i can't stand them. eddie o. isn't so bad but i find foley very hard to listen to for any extended period.

i think my favourite are probably ray ferraro and gord miller on TSN.

How can you not like Foley? For shame.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Foley and Eddie are among the best in the NHL. Have had lots of other teams streams and most of them really weren't good and annoying. Pens and Blues have the worst

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
really? i can't stand them. eddie o. isn't so bad but i find foley very hard to listen to for any extended period.

i think my favourite are probably ray ferraro and gord miller on TSN.

Miller and Ferraro are excellent and with no home team audience to pander to they are very fair in their calls.

Foley is clearly a likeable guy, but over time the broadcast has slipped; too much giggling and off-topic ****. Back in the day the focus had to be almost exclusively on hockey because the only guys listening/watching our games were hard core fans (and the odd rat at the Stadium). Now we are a marketing juggernaut with a wider audience which kind of lowers the hockey bar.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Foley and Eddie O are good. And, as much as can be expected, they do call the game as it is for the most part.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
I like Eddie and Foley, but you can tell he's not all there sometimes.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Foley has extremely brief moments where you say to yourself "What in the holy hell is he talking about?" but other than that the guy is all class, information, and enthusiasm. It'll be really hard to watch games when he retires and isn't calling them anymore.

Eddie is a gem. You can tell he loves what he does and i think it's really cool that we have one of two guys who calls the Stanley Cup games as one of our broadcasters.

Eddie + Foley make me all warm and fuzzy inside

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
Coyotes announcers also defended the Raffi Torres hit on Hossa. They are trash. A perfect fir for that team.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Foley is clearly a likeable guy, but over time the broadcast has slipped; too much giggling and off-topic ****. Back in the day the focus had to be almost exclusively on hockey because the only guys listening/watching our games were hard core fans (and the odd rat at the Stadium). Now we are a marketing juggernaut with a wider audience which kind of lowers the hockey bar.

Spot on.

Foley makes way too many mistakes, for all the games he sees he should be much better at identifying players, specifically Hawk players. It seems that he actually needs to see the full jersey # to know who is who.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad