Coyotes Announcers

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
I live in AZ now for work so I ended watching quite a bit of the Yotes coverage and I understand announcers have to be homers to a certain extent but they harped on the Saad goal for at least thirty minutes from all angles, They sniped at the Blackhawks and constantly made allusions to the Hawks being overrated as well as lucky that the Hawks were able to avoid the Coyotes in the playoffs last year. It continued...

To Summarize-

The Coyotes are on the same level as the Blackhawks being true Contenders for the Cup since they played us so well last night, Their one point means they can hang with anyone in the playoffs.

Mike Smith was the victim all night long against the dirty Blackhawks.

The Hawks are all ********.

The Yotes are all saints.

The Hawks got away with a ton of penalties because they're a media darling.

The Yotes were penalized unfairly...

Brandon Saad should feel shame for his goal.

The goal shouldn't have counted.

Mike Smith was interfered with... regardless of the Yotes player who initiated the shove.

Andrew Shaw is a dirty player and shouldn't be employed in the NHL

Mike Smith is a warrior for standing up to that gangster Shaw.

I finally found a stream with Eddie and Pat, I watched the end of the game with the Hawks guys and for giggles turned the Yotes post-game on to find them still talking about the Saad goal and how it swung the game in favor of the Hawks.

What is it with the Yotes?

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
Desperately trying to create alternative storylines, no matter how obviously preposterous, that hide the fact they can barely keep their franchise.

That's pretty ridiculous... I guess we now know where some of their fans get their delusions.

The funny thing is the announcers for AZ aren't half as interesting normally, very drab and dry but they were pumped last night.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I live in AZ now for work so I ended watching quite a bit of the Yotes coverage and I understand announcers have to be homers to a certain extent but they harped on the Saad goal for at least thirty minutes from all angles, They sniped at the Blackhawks and constantly made allusions to the Hawks being overrated as well as lucky that the Hawks were able to avoid the Coyotes in the playoffs last year. It continued...

To Summarize-

The Coyotes are on the same level as the Blackhawks being true Contenders for the Cup since they played us so well last night, Their one point means they can hang with anyone in the playoffs.

Mike Smith was interfered with... regardless of the Yotes player who initiated the shove.

I finally found a stream with Eddie and Pat, I watched the end of the game with the Hawks guys and for giggles turned the Yotes post-game on to find them still talking about the Saad goal and how it swung the game in favor of the Hawks.

Shaw got screwed on that penalty and anyone with eyes could see it. I tried watching their feed on hockey streams (I don't like Eddie so I like giving other teams a chance) but Tyson Nash is a complete buffoon. I had to switch to the Hawk feed after the 1st period.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Inferiority complex probably
Someone at my work explained to me once... SDS... Small Dog Syndrome.

Yes... the small dogs are always yapping away at the big dog (Chicago and the Hawks).

Sorta like Milwaukee / St. Louis vs Chicago.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011

To Summarize-

well now I know where their board gets it from.

Anyone see their GDT last night? **** like that is out of line IMO

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
well now I know where their board gets it from.

Anyone see their GDT last night? **** like that is out of line IMO

LOL yeah dude there was about 5 pages of our GDT and 4 pages of their GDT that had to be modded up because of all the bickering between the two fanbases. We ALL saw their GDT ;)

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
I guess the yotes announcers forgot to mention that it was easy to avoid playing them last year in the playoffs since they failed to qualify.

Yotes have a 2-8 playoff series record in almost 20 years in the desert. When they were the Jets it was even worse.

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
I don't think I have ever seen a game called by the Coyotes crew, but they can't possibly be bigger homers than Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond of the Red Wings. Those two have made me want to destroy inanimate objects on more than one occasion.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
I feel like PHX is the kid in school that gets told 'Noone like you!'

'Your parents don't even love you!

'Noone want to be your friend!'

'Your parents couldn't even GIVE you away!'

'Youre adopted!'

Except in this case I totally support that sentiment.

Recoil

Jun 27, 2011
Chicago, IL
Doesn't matter. No one's watching.

major-league-20090511025732171-000.jpg

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Foley and Eddie O are the best tandem of announcers in any sport I have ever seen in my mind. I watched some of the Bulls last night and Funk and Stacey King are the exact opposite. Funk is several cards short of a full deck and King acts like a complete goofball and isn't really funny. And you want to talk about a homer, I love the Bulls but King is beyond belief!

Love you Pat and Eddie O, you are the best!

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Foley and Eddie O are the best tandem of announcers in any sport I have ever seen in my mind. I watched some of the Bulls last night and Funk and Stacey King are the exact opposite. Funk is several cards short of a full deck and King acts like a complete goofball and isn't really funny. And you want to talk about a homer, I love the Bulls but King is beyond belief!

Really? I've heard a lot of NBA and NHL crews, and Neil and Stacey are among the best in either sport. Those two basically taught me the entire game of basketball through their commentary when I randomly decided to become a Bulls and basketball fan years ago.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto

really? i can't stand them. eddie o. isn't so bad but i find foley very hard to listen to for any extended period.

i think my favourite are probably ray ferraro and gord miller on TSN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->