Confirmed with Link: Coyotes and Scripps Sports agree to a 4-year deal to broadcast Coyotes games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
They're doing a "Coyotes Insider" show on ABC 15. I think tonight 10:30pm, idk if weekly. No idea who's on it but I appreciate that. I like this set up a lot and find it interesting some people preferred to pay Bally for an app or access to watch a game and were skeptical, confused angry at any of this.

Unless you're like out of region or whatever, I understand. But there's ways around it.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I’ve gotta admit, the asshats have done well with this. Have all the bases covered.
Driving though the Navajo Nation today and noticed a lot of satellite dishes, hadn’t thought of this and not to generalize, but Native Americans seem to like hockey, very glad they’ll be able to watch again.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I’ve gotta admit, the asshats have done well with this. Have all the bases covered.
Driving though the Navajo Nation today and noticed a lot of satellite dishes, hadn’t thought of this and not to generalize, but Native Americans seem to like hockey, very glad they’ll be able to watch again.
Oh so now the asshats are not so much asshats.. :naughty: (except for that free antenna thing for which they remain asshats)

Reactions: Jakey53

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
There are a lot of North American indigenous that currently and in the past have played hockey. I live in an area near Meadow Lake and there are multiple IRs all in a 3 hour radius. Flying Dust Band (their Chief is Nasty Merasty, google his hockey DB) hosts a native tournament that I tell you, some of the hockey was at par and better than AAA senior and these were just Rec teams usually tossed together for the tournament. In Canada, often times because of socio-economic factors some very good players don’t get to the levels that they deserve but at the risk of stereotyping to a degree, box lacrosse which was an indigenous sport is very similar to hockey. I think this all partly links to some of the reasons why it’s a populist sport with NA indigenous poulations.

Bryan Trottier
Jim Nielsen
TJ Oshie
Dwight King
Zack Whitecloud
Jordan Tootoo

And my child hood favourite, the Riverton Rifle, Reggie Leach. The list is much, much longer than what I have typed.

If you are interested in an interesting hockey movie that tells the story of residential schools in Canada, check out Indian Horse. It’s very well done and does a decent portrayal of some of the issues.

I don’t understand all the antenna v cable stuff, but I live in anthem in the winters and am happy I can watch the Yotes over air this year. I carry ESPN+ but of course previous years they blacked out the Yotes. Now at least I can watch without having to be Blackbeard. ;)

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
There are a lot of North American indigenous that currently and in the past have played hockey. I live in an area near Meadow Lake and there are multiple IRs all in a 3 hour radius. Flying Dust Band (their Chief is Nasty Merasty, google his hockey DB) hosts a native tournament that I tell you, some of the hockey was at par and better than AAA senior and these were just Rec teams usually tossed together for the tournament. In Canada, often times because of socio-economic factors some very good players don’t get to the levels that they deserve but at the risk of stereotyping to a degree, box lacrosse which was an indigenous sport is very similar to hockey. I think this all partly links to some of the reasons why it’s a populist sport with NA indigenous poulations.

Bryan Trottier
Jim Nielsen
TJ Oshie
Dwight King
Zack Whitecloud
Jordan Tootoo

And my child hood favourite, the Riverton Rifle, Reggie Leach. The list is much, much longer than what I have typed.

If you are interested in an interesting hockey movie that tells the story of residential schools in Canada, check out Indian Horse. It’s very well done and does a decent portrayal of some of the issues.

I don’t understand all the antenna v cable stuff, but I live in anthem in the winters and am happy I can watch the Yotes over air this year. I carry ESPN+ but of course previous years they blacked out the Yotes. Now at least I can watch without having to be Blackbeard. ;)
I know it's a dumb question but wondering if you heard of a gentleman named Stan Parson's? He use to buy cars from me back in the day.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Oh so now the asshats are not so much asshats.. :naughty: (except for that free antenna thing for which they remain asshats)
Only time will tell my friend.
Let us not forget the egregious TED debacle.

Bryan Trottier
Jim Nielsen
TJ Oshie
Dwight King
Zack Whitecloud
Jordan Tootoo

Seen the movie, it’s excellent.

Last edited:

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Cw is on there. In fact they had them on the schedule for programming and bang, masters of illusions or something.

I’m sure it’s on Cw on cox, directv ect. Not on YouTube though.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Im so confused. The other day cw61 was on there?

Scripps changed the CW affiliation to a separate channel when they established Arizona 61. My guess is that YouTube TV's carriage contract is with the CW for local affiliates. Same reason why YTTV wouldn't carry Antenna TV. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, the bullshit about streaming rights and blackout rules are gonna end up killing local sports if they don't get their heads out of their asses.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Scripps changed the CW affiliation to a separate channel when they established Arizona 61. My guess is that YouTube TV's carriage contract is with the CW for local affiliates. Same reason why YTTV wouldn't carry Antenna TV. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, the bullshit about streaming rights and blackout rules are gonna end up killing local sports if they don't get their heads out of their asses.
It’s ridiculous. I’m done watching the antenna bullshit for a professional sports team. It’s embarrassing.

Reactions: moosemeister
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad