Confirmed with Link: Coyotes and Scripps Sports agree to a 4-year deal to broadcast Coyotes games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
By comparison, the 2020-21 season of NHL.TV cost $144.99! Final note: The elimination of NHL.TV does not affect NHL Center Ice, the league's out-of-market package for cable and satellite operators.Sep 9, 2021

For the 2021-22 season, ESPN will have 18 exclusive games. ... Starting this fall, all 1,000+ locally broadcast games will be available to ESPN+ subscribers, save local team games (which'll be blacked out). Cable's NHL Center Ice out-of-market service will still exist

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
By comparison, the 2020-21 season of NHL.TV cost $144.99! Final note: The elimination of NHL.TV does not affect NHL Center Ice, the league's out-of-market package for cable and satellite operators.Sep 9, 2021

For the 2021-22 season, ESPN will have 18 exclusive games. ... Starting this fall, all 1,000+ locally broadcast games will be available to ESPN+ subscribers, save local team games (which'll be blacked out). Cable's NHL Center Ice out-of-market service will still exist

If NHL Center Ice Still exists, what's the point of ESPN+?

I guess Center Ice is if you want to watch out of market games thru Directv or cable. :dunno:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
It's crazy how confusing this has become. Back in the day I just turned the dial to WGN and adjusted the rabbit ears and there were the Hawks...all grainy in black and white. :laugh:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Update: NHL app is working for me. Watching Coyotes/Vegas on Amazon stick. Had to reset my password and then go on the NHL app on my iPhone and try to watch there, click "restore purchase", and then went back to the Amazon stick and it works there.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
If NHL Center Ice Still exists, what's the point of ESPN+?

I guess Center Ice is if you want to watch out of market games thru Directv or cable. :dunno:
Appears to exist for cable and satellite customers only.
Don’t even know who’s words I posted, just internet “answers” so who knows. Direct still has Center Ice channels on menu, also not an answer

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Appears to exist for cable and satellite customers only.
Don’t even know who’s words I posted, just internet “answers” so who knows. Direct still has Center Ice channels on menu, also not an answer

I checked my Directv acct...you are correct; center Ice is still available. If you have internet though the Hulu/Disney/ESPN+ bundle is a better deal. ESPN+ is carrying some of the Sun Devil games too.

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
Recently bought nhl tv through Google play (I am from Ukraine and this way is convenient for me) but it doesn't work. Clicking Restore purchase gives error code, which I have sent to the support via email. But there is no response for 3 days...

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Recently bought nhl tv through Google play (I am from Ukraine and this way is convenient for me) but it doesn't work. Clicking Restore purchase gives error code, which I have sent to the support via email. But there is no response for 3 days...
Not sure about overseas but here in the States NHL . TV has been folded into ESPN Plus.

Reactions: slv

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Am I correct in assuming nothing has change, basically if you live in Phoenix metro and don't want satellite TV or cable your only option for Coyotes games is random streams?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Am I correct in assuming nothing has change, basically if you live in Phoenix metro and don't want satellite TV or cable your only option for Coyotes games is random streams?

I believe there is one streaming tv service that carries Bally and that's DirecTV streaming, but it's $85 to get the regional sports package, so you're not saving anything over cable/satellite.

https://www.directv.com/city/phoenix-az/#streampackages

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Well we are making front-page news :) This was from yahoo.ca predicting the entertainment level of all NHL teams
From least watchable to most, here it is:
32. Arizona Coyotes

I love me some Jakob Chychrun, but there are very few reasons to invest your time in the Coyotes. Heck, even the city of Glendale, home of the team's arena, has seen enough and is kicking the team out after this season.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Well we are making front-page news :) This was from yahoo.ca predicting the entertainment level of all NHL teams
From least watchable to most, here it is:
32. Arizona Coyotes

I love me some Jakob Chychrun, but there are very few reasons to invest your time in the Coyotes. Heck, even the city of Glendale, home of the team's arena, has seen enough and is kicking the team out after this season.

I find that not ok.

Atleast for myself. I can watch the coyotes play this year 3 times (or i would have to get up at 4 or 3 in the morning [5 am would still be ok, used to that from work]) and i wanna catch every yotes game i can, regardless how they play.

BTW: Sky got the rights to the NHL in Germany now. But i am living in the nEtherlands so i will be using my regular site. They have everygame there is. Every league that is barely televised.
And not only one feed but both (home and away), which is great. Not even NHL Center Ice has that.

Last edited:
Reactions: MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
there are very few reasons to invest your time in the Coyotes

I disagree. Although this season might be rough, my optimism level for the future has never been higher....REALLY. I think we have a good coach, GM, and an owner with bucks that wants to build a new stadium in a more fan-friendly location. We have some young stud players on the team (Chychrun, Soderstrom) and coming up through other leagues (Doan, Guenther), and we have 8 draft picks in the 1st 2 rds next year!

It's easy to jump on the bandwagon of a winner. Look at all of the Red Wings jerseys visiting GRA who couldn't even point to Detroit on a map. As a long-suffering Cubs fan, I can tell you it's much sweeter when your team finally wins a championship after years of heartache.

Lastly, win or lose, I like watching the Coyotes. What else am I going to do...read a book? :laugh:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I have Orbitel cable. I get it for hockey season, I stop it for the summer, and get it again for hockey season. I used to have either Cox or Centurylink back when I lived in Phoenix, and for all the complaints I had about them, they are both way better than this little regional company, which nickels and dimes you to death, like $2 a month for a signal booster which I didn't ask for. I get 5 bars in the room without the booster when the box is unplugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad