Rumor: Coyotes and Bruins talking

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Zboril will be 25 this season and has like 30 NHL games played. I that’s not worth much at all. Like a 3rd round pick at most.

Not sure I agree but we can disagree on this if you like. Defensemen take longer anyway, from what I saw he's a complete player and he played 42 games for the Bruins last year in a shortened season (17 minutes a game). He's no Vince Dunn but imo a defensively responsible 3rd pairing guy with upside (or at least ppl thought he had upside back when he was drafted in 2015).

Am 100% ok taking him as part of a package if we're able to cap dump OEL. We'll see what happens later -- today should be interesting

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I feel like Dvorak alone can’t get you into the top 10 of the draft. He’s got a great contract and is a solid center man but his ceiling is low and he’s really just a 3rd line center on a contending team

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Not sure I agree but we can disagree on this if you like. Defensemen take longer anyway, from what I saw he's a complete player and he played 42 games for the Bruins last year in a shortened season (17 minutes a game). He's no Vince Dunn but imo a defensively responsible 3rd pairing guy with upside (or at least ppl thought he had upside back when he was drafted in 2015).

Am 100% ok taking him as part of a package if we're able to cap dump OEL. We'll see what happens later -- today should be interesting
Zboril is a good defenceman and will only get better as he plays more.
He spent some time on our second PP unit and plays the body very well.
Our dee was pretty deep last year with McAvoy, Carlo,Gryz, Cliffy, Miller and Lauzon, so it was hard for him to get playing time.
When he did play he was playing 17 mins a night.

Reactions: Surfshop

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Debrusk 1 for 1 would be damn near Hall Larsson levels of terrible, with the deals Army has made over his short tenure here I'd be very surprised to see him get that little value back.

Reactions: Surfshop

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I feel like Dvorak alone can’t get you into the top 10 of the draft. He’s got a great contract and is a solid center man but his ceiling is low and he’s really just a 3rd line center on a contending team

Which is probably what's being negotiated. It won't be a straight up player for pick.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Zboril is a good defenceman and will only get better as he plays more.
He spent some time on our second PP unit and plays the body very well.
Our dee was pretty deep last year with McAvoy, Carlo,Gryz, Cliffy, Miller and Lauzon, so it was hard for him to get playing time.
When he did play he was playing 17 mins a night.

Thanks for visiting! Appreciate the insight.

But... Debrusk for DVo 1-1 makes absolutely no sense for us unless a sweetener included -- we're short on centers and have enough wingers for next year at least.

Also, this board is high on DVo and low on OEL at his current contract -- and it looks like the Bruins do have some cap space now that Krejci is off the books. Not sure if AZ is looking to cap dump but maybe OEL + Garland for Zboril and a few more draft picks? Boston's 1st is #21 (unfortunately no 2nd rounder this year), obviously moving OEL would help us recover from taking on GhostBear and Ladd

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
would we do garland for #8 (Kings)?
I would. But only if the plan is to tear everything down. Bummer McTavish jumped up the rankings at the last minute. Tough having to draw from the grab bag of “maybe” centers instead. Nobody seems to know if Johnson, Sillinger, or Lucius are centers or wingers.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I would MUCH rather trade Dvo/Garland to get into the Top 10 then trade them for anything Boston has.
Yah I agree. Boston really doesn't have anything that interests me. It's all spare parts with mostly 3rdline, 2nd pairing upside. Or later in the round picks.

Spare parts are fine for OEL, but not for Garland or Dvorak.

rt

May 13, 2004
I like Studnicka. Great prospect. Culture changer. Big, strong, nasty center. Plays with and edge. But he’s not a 1st line player. Very likely not a 2nd line player.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I like Studnicka. Great prospect. Culture changer. Big, strong, nasty center. Plays with and edge. But he’s not a 1st line player. Very likely not a 2nd line player.

I think Lohrei is the main target. USHL player on a major upswing. Studnicka is just there to make trading someone like Dvorak palatable. You can tell yourself he might respond to AT's coaching.

rt

May 13, 2004
I think Lohrei is the main target. USHL player on a major upswing. Studnicka is just there to make trading someone like Dvorak palatable. You can tell yourself he might respond to AT's coaching.
Lohrei is old as shit for the USHL. Wasn’t he a draft re-entry LAST year? He’s gigantic, powerful, and way too old. Of course the USHL is child’s play for him. Obviously the pandemic is to blame for this and not him, but I’m skeptical of his production due to his level of competition relative to his physical prowess. He’s a great prospect and I’d love to add him. I’d probably take him in the top 35 of this draft. But he could EASILY be fool’s gold.

Bruins pool just isn’t exciting at all.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Bruins fan here, I am suspecting Debrusk is the piece going back to you guys for Dvorak, one for one.

The Flyers and Oilers are being so nice by showing what terrible asset management is right now; I don't think Bill Armstrong wants to upstage them by making a deal this stupendously bad.

Reactions: 0point1

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3