Coyotes 2021 Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Go to -9:54 and listen to Torts talk about the PLD situation. Holy shit this is bad. He's 100% getting dealt. This is worse than the Turris thing. haha.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Let's get it done.
Coyotes dont have the assets to trade for PLD. Would love him on the Yotes... but not having a 1st rounder is pretty much a hard stop IMO.

I really think if the Yotes had their first there would be potential for a deal as many believe the Yotes are not a playoff team.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Coyotes dont have the assets to trade for PLD. Would love him on the Yotes... but not having a 1st rounder is pretty much a hard stop IMO.

I really think if the Yotes had their first there would be potential for a deal as many believe the Yotes are not a playoff team.
Hayton+Schmatlz for PLD?
Keller+Schmaltz for PLD+Nyquist?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I think they want a player/players around PLD's age, not draft picks.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I hope Bill is making a push for at least one of these young centers that are supposedly available. Dubois would be so huge I'm trying not to even think about it. I'd even be excited to watch a game in the powder puff girl jerseys if he was playing.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I'd think Schmaltz has to be involved in any Dubois deal.

I just don't know how we will be able to beat offers from the likes of Carolina or Ottawa. Teams that have young players who can help compete Lumbus compete now. Maybe I'm wrong. It's a shame they managed to work out their goalie issue the season after they lost Bob or I'd imagine Kuemper would be enticing. Maybe their goalies crash and burn this season. Otherwise something like Keller + Schmaltz makes it feel like we get our center but lose winger depth for him to play with. Shame we blew all of our extra assets on Hall and Kessel...

Reactions: RemoAZ

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
I think they want a player/players around PLD's age, not draft picks.
IMO you don’t trade away a young center showing early signs of being a true #1C in this league and not expect back a 1st including some other players. I would imagine Columbus thinks they can compete now and want a roster player... but I also think they want some prospects and picks back as well

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I think any two of Keller, Schmaltz and Hayton is an overpayment. Keller could return to being a 60point 1W. I see Schmaltz as a 1RW rn, let's see what he can do at C.

If Schmaltz is an acceptable C, then him and Hayton could end up as two top 6 C's for a potential 1C.

I'd rather do one of those 3, two 2nds and a prospect they like. Or maybe Crouse.

Reactions: Jakey53

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I think any two of Keller, Schmaltz and Hayton is an overpayment. Keller could return to being a 60point 1W. I see Schmaltz as a 1RW rn, let's see what he can do at C.

If Schmaltz is an acceptable C, then him and Hayton could end up as two top 6 C's for a potential 1C.

I'd rather do one of those 3, two 2nds and a prospect they like. Or maybe Crouse.

great minds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad