Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Roster Discussion Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Anyone have thoughts as to why Tendeck is on the taxi squad? Raanta is brittle but Hill has yet to play a game. We have 4 goalies up now. Any goalie trade rumors that may be legit?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I assume it’s so Prosvetov can play games in Tucson and not have to sit around on the taxi squad.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Yes, Prosvetov needs to be the RR’s #1 but the other two RR goalies are Nell and LaCouvee. They’re PTOs not prospects. Tendeck was getting games with the Rush. Hill is rotting in the press box. So if the Coyotes have one NHL goalie already not getting time in the net why add another? Companionship? I can’t imagine Tendeck would have to go to ECHL to NHL just to be allowed to land in the AHL.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hill is with the big club right now so he can practice with the big club. Can't do so if he is a part of the taxi squad. And then they have to recall another to fill the goalie requirement of the taxi squad.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Two games in a row now with no Demers. Not missed. If we are comfortable with this six and our couple of reinforcements in the taxi/Tucson then he should be moved. Keep half the money and get a decent pick.
Yea I'm good with that.

We need a few D to expose too right? Maybe ask for a low cost one to come back so we can really secure that higher pick? They don't even need to be a NHL regular, just need to have contract through next season.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
So let's say we're at the TDL and we are pretty securely in a playoff spot. If rumors are true and a player like Forsberg is available, do we make a play for him? Is he worth moving say, Hayton for?

Hayton + 2nd + Goligoski for Forsberg?

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Dvo has stepped up huge when we needed it most, especially from his position. Tocc needs to make his line the priority. Put Garland up there with him and Crouse!!!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Two games in a row now with no Demers. Not missed. If we are comfortable with this six and our couple of reinforcements in the taxi/Tucson then he should be moved. Keep half the money and get a decent pick.
Did you watch Bush last night? That is why Demers is sitting. I love watching him play. He is full of energy and he is getting better and better. That is the way Hayton should be progressing.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So let's say we're at the TDL and we are pretty securely in a playoff spot. If rumors are true and a player like Forsberg is available, do we make a play for him? Is he worth moving say, Hayton for?

Hayton + 2nd + Goligoski for Forsberg?
Forsberg is UFA after next season, so I wouldn’t do it. Not after the Taylor Hall fiasco.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Couple notes from the past three non-Blues games.
  • Getting a winger for Dvo has to be a priority next season. I'd like to see us at least try putting Kessel there but I don't think their skillsets blend well.
  • OEL somehow has 6 assists in 8 games. His passes still look good and he can make great outlet decisions but the decline seems to be happening before our eyes. Hoping he still isn't 100% but this is Chychruns blueline now. I'd approach OEL about a trade again this offseason to recoup some assets and to open up the captaincy. I hope OEL keeps improving though because I think moving him may be difficult. Maybe he needs to keep adjusting his game to be a smooth version of Vlasic, which is a great role player but would be making about 3m too much for that role.
  • Last two games may have been some of the best from Kessel. Like Dvo I'd love to find the right line mates for him. I'm wondering if he improved his value enough to find a taker this deadline.
  • Kuemper needs a break, but just as he starts to look shakey in games he manages to tighten it back up. He has kept us in games, last night we were able to reward him for it. I'm still in favor of moving him at the deadline or offseason and getting a placehold to play with Hill until Provy is ready.
  • I don't think these last three games are where the team is at, but I think they are closer than the games we outright dominated the Blues.
  • Im ok with splitting up the Short Leash Line for stints of games. Feels like teams have video on them to try to stop them. If RT was a better coach he'd split them and then throw them together against weaker lines or tired lines at home games. This is a great line to have but doesn't need to be together every game.

Reactions: rt and MIGs Dog

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Yup, I wouldn't trade a C prospect who has even slight potential at being the #1c unless it's for another c with similar potential. Done trading big assets for wingers. It's not the missing piece that gets the Yotes to win. Last year the Yotes got Hall... who has a Hart trophy to his name and they crapped all over the bed as a team (and lost him anyways for good measure)... not worth it.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Tkachuk - Schmaltz - Garland
Crouse - Dvo - Kessel
Caggiula - Bennett - Pitlick
Hayden - Larsson - Fischer

Trade Keller and Hayton for Tkachuk and Bennett.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Tkachuk - Schmaltz - Garland
Crouse - Dvo - Kessel
Caggiula - Bennett - Pitlick
Hayden - Larsson - Fischer

Trade Keller and Hayton for Tkachuk and Bennett.
That's too much IMO. Maybe Keller + Crouse + 3rd or equivalent prospect. Hayton is still developing nicely, just a bit slower than most of us would care for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad