Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Haven’t seen or heard that term in a decade, lol. I’m sure it’s offensive by now.

Based on the definition I didn't think so, but now-a-days everything us considered offensive by someone.

metrosexual
[ˌmetrōˈsekSH(o͞o)əl]
NOUN
informal
  1. a young, urban, heterosexual male with liberal political views, an interest in fashion, and a refined sense of taste.
They got at least 4 out of 6 guaranteed, right? The other two are personal, who cares? Lol

Last edited:

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
so you're familiar with data science I see.

Nope. I don't get your point tho?

The only other with a large spread is Chychrun. Just an observation comparing the others in the sheet. Did I somehow offend you?

Edit: If you are Clay Collins and I had known, I would've maybe chosen my words differently. Still, wasn't meant to be offensive or personally directed at you. I assumed you were just sharing someone else's tweet.

My apologies. I'm a total dumbass with numbers really lol. That just caught my eye. It's the numbers I found funny, not your work.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Nope. I don't get your point tho?

The only other with a large spread is Chychrun. Just an observation comparing the others in the sheet. Did I somehow offend you?

Edit: If you are Clay Collins and I had known, I would've maybe chosen my words differently. Still, wasn't meant to be offensive or personally directed at you. I assumed you were just sharing someone else's tweet.

My apologies. I'm a total dumbass with numbers really lol. That just caught my eye.

Not offended. I was trying to make a joke that data science can create projections that are very imprecise. I should have clarified what I meant by comparing the projected scoring ranges with the climate change projections shown below. As you can see...the science is settled. :D

upload_2021-10-13_18-17-14.png

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Not offended. I was trying to make a joke that data science can create projections that are very imprecise. I should have clarified what I meant by comparing the projected scoring ranges with the climate change projections shown below. As you can see...the science is settled. :D

View attachment 470200

After reviewing this chart here, I'm gonna just have to take your word for it haha! Is there an english version?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
After reviewing this chart here, I'm gonna just have to take your word for it haha! Is there an english version?

The different RCPs (Representative Concentration Pathways) are the different climate models used to project future global temperature. The models are the biggest problem with climate science as they range from relatively stable to armageddon. It's also why anyone suggesting the science is settled either knows nothing about it or is intentionally lying.

Reactions: cobra427

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
The different RCPs (Representative Concentration Pathways) are the different climate models used to project future global temperature. The models are the biggest problem with climate science as they range from relatively stable to armageddon. It's also why anyone suggesting the science is settled either knows nothing about it or is intentionally lying.

I see, makes more sense now.

You're right too. Things are rarely as they appear and they're forever evolving. Especially something so complex and heavily influenced by so many different, fluctuating things as climate and atmosphere. Theoretically, the path we're on could change in many ways, many times over the years.

Last edited:
Reactions: MIGs Dog

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Your comment is strikingly reminiscent of the comments pro tobacco people made when the dangers of tobacco use were first brought to light.

Reactions: lanky

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Your comment is strikingly reminiscent of the comments pro tobacco people made when the dangers of tobacco use were first brought to light.

Not really. I'm not saying anything different from the IPCC report. It's their data.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

To me it seems more like a hurricane model or models. Sure you might get lucky and the model that turns out to be right misses you, but, boy if you're wrong and you decide to stay on that barrier island....glub, glub, glub....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad