Post-Game Talk: Cowboys @ Cup Champs, 7:07 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
There’s been zero indication that Ted said anything AFAIK. But Barry had an extension already but asked for a ton of $$ and term in addition after he was caught saying he was done in DC after round 1 last year.

EDIT: let’s not hijack the gdt thread about this; there’s a whole thread on the topic here
You dont actually believe GMBM wanted Trotz for this season. I guarantee if Trotz did accept the offer he would have been fired by now. Resigning was Hus best option and he knew that.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Dallas does more questionable stick-work interference etc than the Pens. Refs didn't call any of it until now.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Gersich has done nothing even in the AHL at this point. 1 goal in 12 games. Thanks, I'd roll with Bura till he gets traded.
Not true, he's actually been really good offensively and defensively. Stats don't tell the story well. Bet you think Jeff Schultz had one of the best seasons ever too that one year, huh?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Wilson's absence weakens both top-6 lines. Vrana is more suitable for slower Nicky and TJ and Bura is blackhole there. If not for Eller would bottom-6 score at all in October?

A little lazy backcheck here and there - and here we go.

3rd pair needs to be sorted out too... but that can't happen that soon I guess. So have to wait more.

Trade Bura and Djoos package for someone useful in playoffs.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
e2a.jpg

8pts up for grabs over the next week alone including a possible 4pt swing vs the Pens. Statistically playoff odds are closer to being set by about Thanksgiving. If they're out of a playoff spot while you're out doorbusting for HD tvs, THEN you can be CONCERNED.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Tough game for Ovi so far. Can't do anything right.

I'm curious to see how Holtby responds in the 2nd. That was a stinker.

I see a marked improvement in Bowey's skating and composure level compared to last season. I was kind of starting to give up on him.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Not true, he's actually been really good offensively and defensively. Stats don't tell the story well. Bet you think Jeff Schultz had one of the best seasons ever too that one year, huh?
No, I don't, Jeff Schultz is generally a garbage player who was carried by 52. Let's put it this way: it's very often that the stats in one season are good and the player is overall bad. And it's very rare that the player is generally good and the stats are generally bad. In order to earn the benefit of the doubt when you're struggling, you have to produce first. Gersich hasnt done that so we can put this convo to sleep.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I’m at the game. I would ban myself for jinxing them but it’s been like this since game 2 of the season haha. Nice to see the champs in person. Still working out the kinks I see...

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
It's all fun and games but it won't be if this disastrous start to the season costs them a playoff spot. Time to work, boys!
In the past teams could coast through the regular season. Can't do that anymore. Teams are too even now and with so many 3 point games it's hard to make up ground.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
No, I don't, Jeff Schultz is generally a garbage player who was carried by 52. Let's put it this way: it's very often that the stats in one season are good and the player is overall bad. And it's very rare that the player is generally good and the stats are generally bad. In order to earn the benefit of the doubt when you're struggling, you have to produce first. Gersich hasnt done that so we can put this convo to sleep.
Yup, we can rest it until you know more about him and than a stat line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad