Covid making its way through the Senators (MOD WARNING POST #11)

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
If you are up against the cap can't you just sign 8 university players to one day contracts? It's better than cancelling the game and forfeiting. Fans want to see hockey.
But do they want to watch Ottawa do whatever they do on the ice?:sarcasm:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
But do they want to watch Ottawa do whatever they do on the ice?:sarcasm:
I'm honestly more excited to watch this version of the team considering who is out. It's too bad Zaitsev is playing but oh well. We're gonna get to see some of Ottawas prospects who can't be much worse than who they are missing outside of Formenton and Connor Brown.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
I'm honestly more excited to watch this version of the team considering who is out. It's too bad Zaitsev is playing but oh well. We're gonna get to see some of Ottawas prospects who can't be much worse than who they are missing outside of Formenton and Connor Brown.

Zaitsev now out, haha...

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Call it intuition.

Well, I don't know how, but lots of people have had that same intuition, so:

han-solo-star-wars.gif

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Ya they have room to bring guys up but what about teams right at the cap?

9 players out with Covid, and 4-5 with injuries. So their basically done for 2 weeks.

If this happened to a cap team, they would either be lobbying the NHL for an exemption, or they would be screwed, and have to forfeit I guess.

Reactions: Gotaf7

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Well losing 2-0 wasn't too bad

On another note, Zub left the game after just under 6 minutes of ice time. Where's that kid from Final Destination when you need him?

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
Wouldn't that cause the university players to lose their eligibility?

Just postpone the game. It's the responsible thing to do.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The worst part is that it's not just a group of players that tested positive a week ago and there are no more positive cases. There's been positive cases on the 5th,7th,8th,9th,10th and 11th. 45 minutes before the game last night Zaitsev was added to the list. Presumably he was around the other players on Thursday before the positive result came back. It's an ongoing outbreak but the NHL isn't concerned. With the players taking part in the Olympics there is even less flexibility in the schedule so unless circumstances are dire they will not postpone games. Meanwhile outbreaks will spread further within teams becuase they will be expected to play with ongoing outbreaks.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
They’ve actually played OK in both games played with a Covid-ravaged lineup. Getting no puck luck at all. A bounce or two either way and both those games go to OT.

In a positive note, we got to see that Lassi Thomson is actually good. I think a lot of Sens fans will be feeling better about the future of the right side after seeing his effort yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad