Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
I'd like to believe that the contact tracing has improved enough to the point that maybe any lockdowns would be pinpointed to specific businesses or business practices.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I'd like to believe that the contact tracing has improved enough to the point that maybe any lockdowns would be pinpointed to specific businesses or business practices.

Maybe I’m way off base here, but it seems there are so many cases at this point that tracking them is almost pointless.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
There won't be another lockdown. This brain-dead administration won't let one happen, simply because Trump's tiny chance at re-election hinges on the lockdown ending, unemployment dropping, and the economy returning to normal. This is essentially going to run its course through the entire country, and I would expect it's still an issue well into next year.

Not only is Trump's administration the single biggest cause in this becoming as bad as it has, his administration is also the single biggest cause in it going on far longer than it should.

Reactions: Sarava and Pez68

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Maybe I’m way off base here, but it seems there are so many cases at this point that tracking them is almost pointless.
If it wasn't for the superspreaders and clustering (dispersion factor is estimated at 0.1 for Covid-19), I'd lean more to what you're suggesting. But if 80-90% of the cases are coming from only 10-15% of the individuals, it would be good to know where these clustering events are taking place. Maybe there is no pattern and it's random. Then again maybe 60% (e.g.) of these clusters are taking place at churches, bars and restaurants. Only way to determine that is with contact tracing.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I mean, they are already shutting down restaurants and bars again in Florida because of the explosion of cases. So it is completely reasonable to believe there may be another shutdown in our future.

The contrast between states where most businesses require masks indoors, and the states where they don't, speaks for itself. Gotta love nonsensical partisan politics f***ing everything up, as usual.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
There won't be another lockdown. This brain-dead administration won't let one happen, simply because Trump's tiny chance at re-election hinges on the lockdown ending, unemployment dropping, and the economy returning to normal. This is essentially going to run its course through the entire country, and I would expect it's still an issue well into next year.

Not only is Trump's administration the single biggest cause in this becoming as bad as it has, his administration is also the single biggest cause in it going on far longer than it should.
It's not his choice, it's the choice of the governor of each state.
Eventually, governors of states will have no choice but to re-institute lockdowns.
What's going to happen is that until the election is done, it will be up to the governors. I'm expecting the states that choose to lock down again and those that choose to stay open to be based on partisan lines.

If Cult 45 loses, and this winter is bad, there will be a lockdown in January once Biden is sworn in.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It's not his choice, it's the choice of the governor of each state.
Eventually, governors of states will have no choice but to re-institute lockdowns.
What's going to happen is that until the election is done, it will be up to the governors. I'm expecting the states that choose to lock down again and those that choose to stay open to be based on partisan lines.

If Cult 45 loses, and this winter is bad, there will be a lockdown in January once Biden is sworn in.

I never said it was. I said his administration wouldn't let it happen, meaning he's going to continue pushing his rhetoric on covid, which too may stupid people believe, and most Republican-controlled states will just do what he wants them to do, because almost the entire GOP is gutless when it comes to this dumb f***.

I've come to the conclusion that most arguments on this site stem from people just not fully reading what is actually being said...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dividejoy and Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I never said it was. I said his administration wouldn't let it happen, meaning he's going to continue pushing his rhetoric on covid, which too may stupid people believe, and most Republican-controlled states will just do what he wants them to do, because pretty much the entire GOP is pretty much gutless when it comes to this dumb f***.

I've come to the conclusion that most arguments on this site stem from people just not fully reading what is actually being said...

They will continue to push their agenda. The smart states will ignore them just like they have all along. The stupid states...well...the results speak for themselves right now. At the end of the day, Trump and his administration have no power whatsoever to control how the states manage this. I cannot stand Pritzker, but he and the team he assembled for this, have done a pretty good job so far. I haven't seen any "look at how good Florida is doing" posts in a long time. I wonder why that is?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
They will continue to push their agenda. The smart states will ignore them just like they have all along. The stupid states...well...the results speak for themselves right now. At the end of the day, Trump and his administration have no power whatsoever to control how the states manage this. I cannot stand Pritzker, but he and the team he assembled for this, have done a pretty good job so far. I haven't seen any "look at how good Florida is doing" posts in a long time. I wonder why that is?
Hadn't thought about that until you said it, but yeah, where the hell are you MM? Don't you wanna discuss Florida's hugely successful handling of this pandemic?

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Spent a week with the Family out in NW Arkansas where my mother & sister both nurse, well Mom rotates.

They had a lot to say from their months of seeing patients. The big things were that most everyone in the ICU's has a near history of long term almost exclusively indoor exposure. Construction workers, folks at the Tyson plants, fast food workers, some old folk care facilities, health care workers, a few churches, etc. On the flip side they aren't tracing ICU patients back to being clients/customers of certain grocery stores or food joints that had an outbreak. Meaning, limited exposure doesn't appear to be sending people into the ICU. All the folks with good jobs working from home and shopping with masks on etc seem to be coming through unscathed.

Out of proportion infected are the two main cheap labor groups in their area, Hispanic & Marshallese who make up a lot of said labor and live with multiple generations in their households. They think it's the lack of protection coupled with the fact they all carpool for hours each day with each other to the job sites that's the big factor in the spread in these groups. It's sad to see that severe inequality from all the cash under the table to over the table low wagers in desperate situations along with those in poorly cared for facilities are taking the brunt of this at face but that's 100% to be expected in the "home of the free" where markets determine your right to exist.

The other large takeaway is they seem quite certain, vehemently so, that the #'s in their area are total BS in terms of case count. Apparently they'll see bigger expansions of clients due to COVID in one hospital than will be reported in that week for the whole area. As their numbers started rising a few weeks ago new wings of several hospitals were being devoted to said patients, a sort of storm after a prolonged relatively quiet period. Many people are now, under a certain age/risk, are being sent home with oxygen including colleagues in their 30s/40s.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Hadn't thought about that until you said it, but yeah, where the hell are you MM? Don't you wanna discuss Florida's hugely successful handling of this pandemic?

The Trump supporters will (eventually) come back with more spins and BS the moment anything positive is reported. Book it.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Spent a week with the Family out in NW Arkansas where my mother & sister both nurse, well Mom rotates.

They had a lot to say from their months of seeing patients. The big things were that most everyone in the ICU's has a near history of long term almost exclusively indoor exposure. Construction workers, folks at the Tyson plants, fast food workers, some old folk care facilities, health care workers, a few churches, etc. On the flip side they aren't tracing ICU patients back to being clients/customers of certain grocery stores or food joints that had an outbreak. Meaning, limited exposure doesn't appear to be sending people into the ICU. All the folks with good jobs working from home and shopping with masks on etc seem to be coming through unscathed.

Out of proportion infected are the two main cheap labor groups in their area, Hispanic & Marshallese who make up a lot of said labor and live with multiple generations in their households. They think it's the lack of protection coupled with the fact they all carpool for hours each day with each other to the job sites that's the big factor in the spread in these groups. It's sad to see that severe inequality from all the cash under the table to over the table low wagers in desperate situations along with those in poorly cared for facilities are taking the brunt of this at face but that's 100% to be expected in the "home of the free" where markets determine your right to exist.

The other large takeaway is they seem quite certain, vehemently so, that the #'s in their area are total BS in terms of case count. Apparently they'll see bigger expansions of clients due to COVID in one hospital than will be reported in that week for the whole area. As their numbers started rising a few weeks ago new wings of several hospitals were being devoted to said patients, a sort of storm after a prolonged relatively quiet period. Many people are now, under a certain age/risk, are being sent home with oxygen including colleagues in their 30s/40s.

Your takeaway regarding ICU is not only anecdotal, but quite silly. Among those infected, with the exception of some outliers, it’s the infected’s underlying conditions that are correlated with sending people to the ICU, not the setting in which they acquired the virus.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
The Trump supporters will (eventually) come back with more spins and BS the moment anything positive is reported. Book it.
I feel like we're destined to be stuck blaming increased testing for increased cases; assumedly saying the test has improved thereby increasing the positive %. You know, instead of just accepting that infection and cases are increasing.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008

You will just dismiss the stats somehow but,

Deaths per M Florida 141, Illinois 516

New deaths past 2 days Florida 95; Illinois 112

But somehow Pritzker's a mastermind. Carry on.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
You will just dismiss the stats somehow but,

Deaths per M Florida 141, Illinois 516

New deaths past 2 days Florida 95; Illinois 112

But somehow Pritzker's a mastermind. Carry on.
Illinois is on the decline, Florida is on a huge incline.

I don't give a f*** about JB, but he's handling the situation a hell of a lot better than Ron f***ing Desantis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce