OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Just got my vaccine for my birthday :)

They gave a box of 50 masks with it. That's good thinking from cisss Montérégie ouest.

I don't know if it's like that everywhere
I'll probably try my luck next week for another free box ;)

As long as you don't get the vaccine again to. :laugh:

Happy birthday!

Reactions: llamateizer

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Surprisingly all the stupid stuff I see on social media or on tv is from 40-55 :P

Plenty of dumb 18-30 as well. Luckily, most big streamers/youtuber I know have been vaccinated and open to it on social media, so hopefully that sways their public in the right direction.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
A party of 150 people in Toronto this weekend, with $13,000 of booze.
Toronto os such a shit show. It's becoming hilarious. At the same time, my parents in the Niagara region are pissed because Fig region is closing them down.

Reactions: MXD

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

We're missing about 582k in first dose vaccinations to hit 50% of the total population (8.485 million/2= 4.24 million). At a pace of about 60k-70k per day, we should hit 50% within about 8 days...So probably towards the end of next week.

At this pace, we should be hitting the 75% (5.3 million) target in very early June.

Last edited:

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Any new table showing the % per age group with appointments etc?
E1HGMPuXIAUjFcO

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Youtube is strong in that group. Twitter/facebook/tiktok is coming up next so you never know with those ones.

I'm so sick of that argument. "YouTube" is like saying "Cable television". There are a huge number of channels with varied content. Some very serious and science informed, some conspiracy nuts, so about gaming, some about sharing cutting edge research.

TVA =\= CNN =\= Fox News the same way YouTube channels are very different one from another. It's a matter of using judgement when you hear info.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'm so sick of that argument. "YouTube" is like saying "Cable television". There are a huge number of channels with varied content. Some very serious and science informed, some conspiracy nuts, so about gaming, some about sharing cutting edge research.

TVA =\= CNN =\= Fox News the same way YouTube channels are very different one from another. It's a matter of using judgement when you hear info.

With news channel, you go to the channel that fits you.

With Youtube, the algorithm will propose you new channels that fits what you watched before, so people who go to the edge of the rabbit hole can end up getting sucked in it.

Of course, at the end of the day it's always up to the person to evaluate their sources.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Emergency measured lifted in Outaouais. Implying Curfew back to 9:30 PM.
Woohoo!!!!

I just find it weird that we have 51 people hospitalized on 314 active cases. That's a hell of a ratio.

Still suspect that the CISSO is not happy with this new decision. CISSO has always cared more about its staff than the population in general.

Putting my tin foil hat here : number of active cases is la Santé publique. Hospitalization number is from CISSO. More than 50 health workers are considered active cases. Same ratio as the hosp. ratio. Are the numbers boosted to avoid reopening too fast and preserve the integrity of the health system?

I find it odd that the hospit/active cases ratio is abnormal.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Woohoo!!!!

I just find it weird that we have 51 people hospitalized on 314 active cases. That's a hell of a ratio.

Still suspect that the CISSO is not happy with this new decision. CISSO has always cared more about its staff than the population in general.

Putting my tin foil hat here : number of active cases is la Santé publique. Hospitalization number is from CISSO. More than 50 health workers are considered active cases. Same ratio as the hosp. ratio. Are the numbers boosted to avoid reopening too fast and preserve the integrity of the health system?

I find it odd that the hospit/active cases ratio is abnormal.

Is it similar to hospit/active cases ratio in Ontario/Ottawa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad