OT: Covid-19 (Part 26) Be our guest (Read first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Little increase in the last 2 days.
Covid-19 Quebec

graph of the last month

O26bK5a.png

since the beginning
xzdrpPo.png

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
They won't go back to what they were. But what they were was extremely flawed in many ways, so there's an opportunity here.
Looking at who's going to be leading for the next four years, either side, I doubt it...I don't think see how they can even contain COVID within the year.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Was at the CLSC this morning for a blood draw, felt kinda odd being the only one without a mask. They never said anything at the entrance, but the nurse with the needle gave me a lecture on the benefits of wearing one.

We need two new provinces. To make Per happy, Washington and Oregon.
Maybe Vermont could be annexed to Quebec? Ontario can have New-York. :nod:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Was at the CLSC this morning for a blood draw, felt kinda odd being the only one without a mask. They never said anything at the entrance, but the nurse with the needle gave me a lecture on the benefits of wearing one.

I wouldn't risk going into any health center/clinic without a mask. You got some cojones on ya!

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Quebec :
- 100 new cases
- 2 new deaths (+1 retroactively from July 2)
- 9 more hospitalized...
- 3 less ICU

Montreal :
- 32 new cases
- 0 new deaths

Cases are slowly rising. I find the 9 more hospitalized a little alarming...

Good thing it didn't went up from yesterday.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
When this first started my far out prediction is that the US would split up into a few smaller countries. Now I am really starting to think it might happen. It might actually be for the best. The states in New England are pretty distinct culturally, socially, economically, they can be their own country, they don't really get as much as they put in to the country. Ditto with California.

They will, but it will be different I think.
CA, OR and WA could be one, eastern parts of OR and WA can join the "Militia States with ID, MT, UT, WY. New England as someone has mentioned.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

Best name if only WA and OR becomes one, Columbia due to the might border river.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
When this first started my far out prediction is that the US would split up into a few smaller countries. Now I am really starting to think it might happen. It might actually be for the best. The states in New England are pretty distinct culturally, socially, economically, they can be their own country, they don't really get as much as they put in to the country. Ditto with California.

They will, but it will be different I think.
As someone who's lived through a country being broken apart I do not think it is ever a good idea. There ought to be ways of working your differences out without going that extreme.

Back in 1990 we experienced horrible acts of war (yes, tanks rolling down my street), racial and social injustices, a wave of violence that led us to abandoning our apartment and all of our belongings in Tbilisi, Georgia and flee to Moscow area. We only took one single suitcase with memorable things, passports and a little money we had saved.

The idea might be sound in principle, but the transitional period is going to affect and even cost many their lives.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
As someone who's lived through a country being broken apart I do not think it is ever a good idea. There ought to be ways of working your differences out without going that extreme.

Back in 1990 we experienced horrible acts of war (yes, tanks rolling down my street), racial and social injustices, a wave of violence that led us to abandoning our apartment and all of our belongings in Tbilisi, Georgia and flee to Moscow area. We only took one single suitcase with memorable things, passports and a little money we had saved.

The idea might be sound in principle, but the transitional period is going to affect and even cost many their lives.

Well, I am of course hoping for a peaceful separation. I just think there is too much of a divide in the US, culturally and socially. They have a huge population and it really is split in half. They want different things, believe in the different things, and a lot of them deeply hate each other.

My idea of a peaceful split is to prevent a violent one, which is where we are headed.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The US is going to take a decade or more to really recover from this.
Nah, it took less than 2.5 years to recover from the economic crisis of 2008 and subprime mortgages are now approx 2.5x what they were back then - simply been renamed Non-Prime Loans.

The rate of growth of High Net Individuals will only continue to grow in the US. The middle part of the country is screwed beyond hope but that’s been the case for nearly 40-years. East coast and left coast will recover in due time and be just fine..

Market based economy drives opportunity innovation....we’ll see lots of it over the next 1-year +

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad