Couturier vs Stone

Who’s better?

• Total voters

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Every time i see a poll between these two players i shake my head because it's obvious who's better. Then i view results and become even more perplexed.

Every
Time

Yes, it’s always the player with the sideways P on their chest, we know. I don’t know why the league still hasn’t caught up to awarding wins by this standard.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Is Travis Konecny still a 3rd line winger?

Usually you disappear when that question is asked @JoeThorntonsRooster

You’ve managed to misrepresent me with literally everything you’ve said here.

First, I never said that Konecny was a 3rd line winger. I said that he wasn’t a first line winger, and that his ice time was that of a 2nd/3rd line tweener.

View attachment 287449

He's actually playing very well this season, good for him. His raw on-ice metrics will probably benefit a bit from Couturier, but he's doing well in his own right.

However, that doesn't change that he clearly was not a first liner last year, when he played 2nd/3rd line tweener minutes and his underlying metrics were putrid:

View attachment 287451

We'll see whether or not he can keep this strong play up over the course of a full season.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
You’ve managed to misrepresent me with literally everything you’ve said here.

First, I never said that Konecny was a 3rd line winger. I said that he wasn’t a first line winger, and that his ice time was that of a 2nd/3rd line tweener.
Ahh, the old ice time argument peaks it dirty head again. The same argument that you shot down when someone asked if Provorov was a #1 defenseman, then all the sudden production is what matters. Never change.

Reactions: HyPnOtiK

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Ahh, the old ice time argument peaks it dirty head again. The same argument that you shot down when someone asked if Provorov was a #1 defenseman, then all the sudden production is what matters. Never change.

Ahh, the old failure to comprehend somebody else's argument.

In the case of both players, it was their ice time and, more importantly, isolated impact at both ends of the ice that I looked at. Prior to this season, at even strength, neither player had had a strong impact over their career:

upload_2020-2-12_13-9-6.png

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Ahh, the old failure to comprehend somebody else's argument.

In the case of both players, it was their ice time and, more importantly, isolated impact at both ends of the ice that I looked at. Prior to this season, at even strength, neither player had had a strong impact over their career:

View attachment 319855
Just give up, it's embarrassing how much you contradict yourself daily.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Just give up, it's embarrassing how much you contradict yourself daily.

I think the contradiction you’re seeing is between arguments that I actually made and straw man arguments that other posters are making in response to me. Indeed, they’re quite different, so I can see why you’re confused.

Reactions: Regal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad