Couturier vs Stone

Who’s better?

• Total voters

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Close one. Couturier is younger, has played more games, has more points. Stone is a better goal scorer. Defense is close, but I'd give the edge to Couturier due to being a center.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Going Couts here but I don't blame anyone for picking Stone.

If we're factoring in defensive play which is obviously important for both of these guys, we also have to factor in which position has more defensive responsibilities.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Voted Couturier, but this is a good poll. Good arguments can be made for both.

BarD2428

Jun 14, 2014
Very Close if I was choosing for a game. Hard to definitively say who is better. Who do I take going forward? I take couturier due to position, contract, age.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
This was done a while ago

Sean Couturier vs Mark Stone

but its interesting seeing its a lot closer now

I think Couturier continuing to produce at a similar rate without Giroux on his line and Stone scoring closer to his overall rate last year as opposed to what he did in Ottawa/the playoffs has changed perceptions on whether there's much of an offensive difference between the two, and if there isn't, then Couturier's defense should put him ahead.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm going Stone here. Not an easy call though. My vote is mainly based on how frustrating he can be as an opponent.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If the Sharks played more against the Flyers, you would say the same about Couturier.
I really like Couturier. He's an awesome player. I've felt the same about them even before the Knights picked up Stone. As I said before, it's very close. If I were building a new team I might select Couturier. For the Sharks current lineup, I'm taking Stone.

JesterOnly

Mar 5, 2007
SF Bay Area, CA
I really like Couturier. He's an awesome player. I've felt the same about them even before the Knights picked up Stone. As I said before, it's very close. If I were building a new team I might select Couturier. For the Sharks current lineup, I'm taking Stone.

Oh god why? Couturier is a perfect fit for the Sharks and isn't limited to wing. Couturier is more versatile than Stone and Couturier / Couture down the middle would be hellish to play against, and either Couture or Hertl would have incredible chemistry with Couturier no matter which would move to wing and the sloppy ozone / transition game of the Sharks would be shored up with such a responsible player like Couturier, and he could only make the Sharks defense better.

Reactions: StoneHands

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Couts. Same offensive output and both are great defensively but Couts plays the more important position.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Every time i see a poll between these two players i shake my head because it's obvious who's better. Then i view results and become even more perplexed.

Every
Time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad