Proposal: Couturier for COL 1st, OTT 3rd + Kerfoot

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Jost instead of Kerfoot and the it’s fair for both teams. I think they would be better served splitting that package in 2 and getting 2 forwards to give Mac’s line some back up scoring.
Jost is a near bust and got injured in the AHL. You should prefer Kerfoot who is at least currently an NHL player

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hughes and Kakko will both make an impact relatively quickly. Maybe not immediately but it ain't gonna be 3 or 4 years down the line.

Right, but Kakko is no lock to play center. If we miss out on Hughes, then we can't bank on any prospect picked with Ottawa's first becoming a difference-making 1b C before their draft+3 season.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Reminder...Couturier is 14th in the NHL in ES points over the last 2 years. More than:

Point
Marner
Marchand
Wheeler
Monahan
Kopitar
Stamkos
Barkov
Pastrnak
Barzal
Matthews
Stone
Eichel
Scheifele
Seguin
Benn

Just look at those names that has been outproducing! At ES, he is a beast. It's the PP where he lacks. Then add in that he delivers Selke level defense. And then add in his cap hit of $4.33 million for the next 3+ years. His value is ridiculous.

Flyers are not trading him because you could never get the proper value back for him.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
The Flyers are not trading their 26 year old Selke calibre Center that has an amazing contract ($4.33 million per through 21-22) for a package of picks.

Unless it was a guaranteed Jack Hughes, Couts can stay.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Colorado can draft Cozens likely at worst with their Sens pick. I wouldn't give up too much for Couturier now.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
yeah this is pretty bad. couturier is likely gonna have back to back 30g/70pt seasons and he is a strong 2 way C

65% chance that pick isnt hughes or kakko. so this would be a no go

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Reminder...Couturier is 14th in the NHL in ES points over the last 2 years. More than:

Point
Marner
Marchand
Wheeler
Monahan
Kopitar
Stamkos
Barkov
Pastrnak
Barzal
Matthews
Stone
Eichel
Scheifele
Seguin
Benn

Just look at those names that has been outproducing! At ES, he is a beast. It's the PP where he lacks. Then add in that he delivers Selke level defense. And then add in his cap hit of $4.33 million for the next 3+ years. His value is ridiculous.

Flyers are not trading him because you could never get the proper value back for him.

What if we built a futures package around the Sens pick which they would take part of for Duchene & Stone...with both being willing to extend with you? Adding a cap dump to Colorado as needed to make it work for y’all capwise. Would that be enough of a step towards competitiveness for your FO?

I’d imagine pettiness would probably prevent something like that from being possible as a straight 3-way trade. But you could play it like Yzerman did when we flipped him Quincey for Downie & he then sent Quincey to Detroit for a 1st.

Ottawa gets it’s pick back + futures, you get 2 prime stars for Coots, we get the perfect 1b C to MacK?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Colorado can draft Cozens likely at worst with their Sens pick. I wouldn't give up too much for Couturier now.

I like Cozens a lot, as I do Turcotte. And I would be content with drafting Cozens / Turcotte and trading-for/signing Hayes as a stop gap...who’d eventually replace Soda as our super 3C when Cozens was ready. But I’m not expecting Cozens to be ready to center a scoring line for a contender until his draft +3 either, so we’d still need that stop gap if we wanted to contend before we needed to start talking extension with MacK.

Coots is currently at the level that Cozens & Turcotte are likely to top out near, and he’s signed for a bargain with plenty of tread left on his tires. So if there was a 3-way that worked with that pick & Coots as the centerpieces, that would fit our timeline better than waiting for that pick.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
well you do not know what the f you are talking about.
Ok so throw away assets to get Couturier .. I'm cool with that... IMO Cozens will be better obviously not right away but soon. Cozens will be better. If you don't think so then you should reevaluate your own BS

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
from another thread:

People don't realize, over the last 2 years, Couturier is 14th in the league in ES points. Couturier is the 225th highest paid player in the league.

Cap hit only 4.33 million a year while supplying Selke defence.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Ok so throw away assets to get Couturier .. I'm cool with that... IMO Cozens will be better obviously not right away but soon. Cozens will be better. If you don't think so then you should reevaluate your own BS

I'm a big fan of when people claim non generational draft picks will be better than elite NHL players before they are even drafted and step on ice.

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2