Proposal: Couturier for COL 1st, OTT 3rd + Kerfoot

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Couturier is awesome and would be a godly 2c behind mackinnon, but it would be like Ott 1st, Avs 1st, Jost/kerfoot to get them to consider which still might not be enough.. and will be too much for Avs
Jost instead of Kerfoot and the it’s fair for both teams. I think they would be better served splitting that package in 2 and getting 2 forwards to give Mac’s line some back up scoring.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Jost instead of Kerfoot and the it’s fair for both teams. I think they would be better served splitting that package in 2 and getting 2 forwards to give Mac’s line some back up scoring.

I’d much rather have the stud to anchor that 2nd line around, than whatever two guys we could get with that package. With Kaut & Compher, there would still be some internal options on the horizon...and with our capspace we may be able to bring someone in to help as well. Filling those 5th & 6th spots is a lot easier than finding a stud you can anchor a scoring line around...especially one who can shutdown top opposition.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
giphy.gif

Couturier

for

Kerfoot
COL 1st
OTT 3rd
+?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Shhhh, the league might get mad at us for tampering when sleeper agent Duchene brings Stone with him from Ottawa this summer...

...I’d be game if everyone was down with it, but I dunno if EJ is over it yet or if Matt would want to play 2nd fiddle to MacK now that Nate has become who has become.

What's the problem with EJ? Is there beef with Duchene I'm not realizing that led to his trade?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Starting to feel like Couterier has turned into Parayko in the sense that everybody loves to make proposals for him and then have the other fan base bash him to try and get perceived value of him to equal a much lower amount and downplay how much of a key cog he is for a team.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Starting to feel like Couterier has turned into Parayko in the sense that everybody loves to make proposals for him and then have the other fan base bash him to try and get perceived value of him to equal a much lower amount and downplay how much of a key cog he is for a team.

I'm confused, refer to one post in this thread bashing Couts or even believe that we're getting him.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Couturier has been this since I think his 2nd year in the league. Every year people offer nothing, Flyers fan say he's worth way more than that, then the OP says "whatever he's a 3rd liner"

Reactions: Defect

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
2011 has become such an underrated draft class. Take away the horrible D and it looks even better.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

I think most people have given up on bashing him after consecutive years of 1c level results. But there was a time where "glorified 3rd liner" and Couturier were synonymous everywhere but the flyers board - and even there, some people jumped on board. We still see it occasionally, but not quite to the same extent.

I do agree with the general premise though that the two are the same in that their importance to the team is only really understood by their fans, and thusly, we're homers for not accepting a package of futures for someone who, when removed our team, would easily put us below Ottawa in the standings.

I recognize that Ottawa first and some of the other pieces offered are nice, but they don't fit where this team is looking to do - even if our results this year point to the opposite.

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
Slim chance Couturier is even available. But it would have to include Ottawa’s first. Then flip Ottawa’s pick back to Ottawa in a package for Duchene and Stone. Re-sign both and simultaneously dramatically improving the market for Simmonds.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Not sure why we keep seeing all these #2C to Colorado threads...

Ottawa is so bad they just got shut out by a Larkin-less Detroit. They're gonna give COL a top 5 pick, and the top 5 is pretty much all centers.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not sure why we keep seeing all these #2C to Colorado threads...

Ottawa is so bad they just got shut out by a Larkin-less Detroit. They're gonna give COL a top 5 pick, and the top 5 is pretty much all centers.
All but 1 of whom will need a couple of seasons before they are ready to be difference makers...by which point MacKinnon's contract will already be winding down...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The Flyers are not trading their 26 year old Selke calibre Center that has an amazing contract ($4.33 million per through 21-22) for a package of picks.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
All but 1 of whom will need a couple of seasons before they are ready to be difference makers...by which point MacKinnon's contract will already be winding down...

Hughes and Kakko will both make an impact relatively quickly. Maybe not immediately but it ain't gonna be 3 or 4 years down the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad