Speculation: Couture and Karlsson

sjsharqs

Jan 1, 2023
Hi everyone! New here so if I posted this in the wrong place, please forgive me! Anyway, long time sharks fan here! And I can’t help but notice that there’s no interaction or chemistry between couture or Karlsson. I’ve witnessed them getting into it during a game at the bench. I read here that they actually really dislike each other on a personal level. Does anybody know why?

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
is this real? because couture does really strike me as a Drake stan lol

Screenshot_20230101-194911.png

Couture is definitely a Drake stan, but the rest is my fantasy, lol

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
EK65 as a Captain led his team to a Conference Final

Couture as a Captain hasn't even made the playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Couture's value is at an all time low - but ultimately, DW signed this team over to Karlsson with that huge contract so long ago. This team is going to win or lose by EK65. I wouldn't be surprised to see Couture moved to greener pastures. He's always been the kind of guy that thrives in the play-offs and coasts in the regular season. This isn't the environment for him, this isn't the team he wants to Captain.

Something like Couture to NYR to replace Lafreniere (you gotta assume they had bigger plans for him) makes sense to me. He'd be a good piece to stabilize that 3rd line if they are planning to go deep into the post-season.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Couture's value is at an all time low - but ultimately, DW signed this team over to Karlsson with that huge contract so long ago. This team is going to win or lose by EK65. I wouldn't be surprised to see Couture moved to greener pastures. He's always been the kind of guy that thrives in the play-offs and coasts in the regular season. This isn't the environment for him, this isn't the team he wants to Captain.

Something like Couture to NYR to replace Lafreniere (you gotta assume they had bigger plans for him) makes sense to me. He'd be a good piece to stabilize that 3rd line if they are planning to go deep into the post-season.
You can ask anyone here i am the farthest from being a couture fan, but how is his value at an all time low? He is just slightly lower of a pace for a career high in points (on pace for 68 and career high is 71), and is just off pace for 30 goals in a season (pace of 27 goals this season). And everybody knows that couture is streaky and right now he is going through one of his bad ones, with 1 goal in his past 14 games.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You can ask anyone here i am the farthest from being a couture fan, but how is his value at an all time low? He is just slightly lower of a pace for a career high in points (on pace for 68 and career high is 71), and is just off pace for 30 goals in a season (pace of 27 goals this season). And everybody knows that couture is streaky and right now he is going through one of his bad ones, with 1 goal in his past 14 games.
I don’t normally agree with you but I fully do in this case. Saying Couture’s value is at an all time low is insane.

Reactions: Groo and Sandisfan

Blackbear

Jan 3, 2007
Literally made the conference finals the first year he showed up.
well Karlsson had a great first game that playoff series. Then was worthless thereafter. To be fair he was targeted ruthlessly by Vegas and was injured early on; pretty typical of his first season in SJ. But their run that year depended a lot more on Couture and Pavelski, was inspired by Vegas’s brutality v Pavelski (which was indeed a major penalty and arguably 2) and died completely after Pietrangelo’s felonious assault In St. Louis.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Couture is the Drake of the team who is always in his feelings
EK65 is the Eminem of the team who is experiencing a late career resurgence
Vlasic is the Jay-Z of the team who got his bag and is making moves behind the scenes to join the c suite after retirement
Nieto is the Vince Staples of the team who is low key the most talented in the group and will blow up someday i'm sure

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
well Karlsson had a great first game that playoff series. Then was worthless thereafter. To be fair he was targeted ruthlessly by Vegas and was injured early on; pretty typical of his first season in SJ. But their run that year depended a lot more on Couture and Pavelski, was inspired by Vegas’s brutality v Pavelski (which was indeed a major penalty and arguably 2) and died completely after Pietrangelo’s felonious assault In St. Louis.

Dont think Goodrow would agree EK was worthless

Reactions: Bizz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad