Countdown to Camp - Semyon Varlamov

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Little bit of Varly. It's in French but Varly speaks in English.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/prêt-à-répondre-aux-attentes-1.1339041

TV , i did my best with the translation

Varlamov is ready to meet expectations

The Avalanche has impressed many observers last season, thanks to his goalie Semyon Varlamov. The Russian is currently passing in Boisbriand and he trained on Monday at the Centre d'Excellence Sports Rousseau.

Given last year's success , the expectations are very high in Colorado, particularly with the 26 years old Goaltender .

" We hope to repeat last season's sucess and get another chance in the playoffs. I want another chance and take my team all the way to the final. "

The young veteran, a former first round pick of the Washington Capitals, is full of praise for coach Francois Allaire goalie when it comes to identifying the main reasons for its success in goal for the Avalanche .

" When i started working with Francois , he changed my style. I play differently today. I hope we have the chance to work together for another 10 to 15 years or until the end of my career "

For the first time since he's a member of the Avalanche, Varlamov will begin a season without Jean-Sebastien Giguere at his side.

" We were teammates for three years. He helped me tremendously in my career .Giguere had a lot of experience before coming to Colorado. He's one of the the best professional athlete I've known"

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Ugh. I really wish we didn't trade for Berra and that we had another veteran goalie coming in.

If Varly gets injured, Brodeur is coming here.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I dunno, sentimentality aside, I think Colorado would be a great place for Brodeur to finish his career.

Berra, until proven otherwise, is the worst. Still cannot believe what Joe Sakic will dish a 2nd round pick for.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I look forward to seeing who we trade McDavid to and what for if we sign Brodeur.

A picture of Varlamov has appeared on the main boards:

Bwfb2xnCYAAORBw.jpg:large

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
Hopefully He can stay healthy for the season. I would like us to get another back-up because Berra is not ready to be a starter if Varly goes down.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Hopefully He can stay healthy for the season. I would like us to get another back-up because Berra is not ready to be a starter if Varly goes down.

We don't know how Berra is going to play this year. If Berra does falter I assume the plan is for either Pickard or Aittokallio to show that they can step up.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
We don't know how Berra is going to play this year. If Berra does falter I assume the plan is for either Pickard or Aittokallio to show that they can step up.

They signed Berra for 3 years for a reason. He's the plan. Roy knows what he's doing and If they saw potential in Berra, let them work their magic.. I mean seriously, Berras has barely played for Avalacnhe so far. He played one game or something. Easy off everyone!

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
They signed Berra for 3 years for a reason. He's the plan. Roy knows what he's doing and If they saw potential in Berra, let them work their magic.. I mean seriously, Berras has barely played for Avalacnhe so far. He played one game or something. Easy off everyone!

I'm one of the few that believe in giving Berra a clean slate for this season. I'm just saying that if Varly goes down and IF Berra does falter I believe that Roy will give Pickard or Aittokallio a chance to step up and show their stuff.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
Varlamov's potential impact on this team needs to be more appreciated. He will have had lots of recovery time and should be healthy to start the season. When he was on he could virtually dominate play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad