Countdown to Camp - Matt Duchene

ghostofweezman

Mar 3, 2013
PNW
Call me a pessimist, and for the sake of the team I hope I am wrong, but as time is going on I am concerned that we won't see any significant growth out of Duchene. I am not seeing him getting 'phenomenally better'. I hold out hope that experience sets in over time and he plays smarter. He worries me.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Duchene wants to be on that World Cup team. Hes going to have a monster year if healthy and I think he flirts with 80 points. How about that?

Alright based on your advice, his consistent ev strength p/60 and abysmal power play numbers I proposed a trade for him.

Power play alone should normalize and the team as a whole should be better. I do feel with O'Reilly gone he and the other parts of the core will be playing great to prove it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Duchene was just fine in 2013-14. If he plays like that for the rest of his career then I have no issues. Maybe he won't ever hit 80-90 points like some were hoping but PPG for 70 games is nothing to cry about. He's not some broken player.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
just another undersized center with no future on this team...:sarcasm:

still fantasizing about what a duchene-radulov combo could be capable of... too bad it'll never happen

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Call me a pessimist, and for the sake of the team I hope I am wrong, but as time is going on I am concerned that we won't see any significant growth out of Duchene. I am not seeing him getting 'phenomenally better'. I hold out hope that experience sets in over time and he plays smarter. He worries me.

Who cares? If he just plays like he did in 2013-2014 and the first 20 games of this past season consistently, while continuing to improve his two-way game I'm more than fine working around his limitations as a shooter and difficulty forming chemistry with Landy. And that's just a matter of him learning from EJ how not to beat himself up as much as he does when the collective is failing.

just another undersized center with no future on this team...:sarcasm:

still fantasizing about what a duchene-radulov combo could be capable of... too bad it'll never happen

Never is a weird way to spell "next year" is that some newfangled slang that the kids are using? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad