Could Tkachuk pass Laine in a re-draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Like comparing Pastrnak to Ovie. Tkachuk may have a few years where his production is top 10 but I'd give Laine 3/2 odds of making the HOF and Tkachuk 10/1.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
I don’t know about all this but I do know that Tkachuk would easily go first in an all time “biggest ***** ass *****” draft, lol.

I’m at the game tonight as a largely neutral fan just wanting an exciting game and the kid is ****ing unbelievable, in a good and bad way.

His skating is absolute trash. Teams will adjust to his line easier then they can to Laine’s scoring ability. Anyone who actually thinks Tkachuk is ahead of Laine in a re-draft or value in general are delusional

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I know its a bit of a stretch, but Tkachuk looks to be one of the best power forwards in the NHL for a long time. Leads the Flames in points, and is a driver of a line that is kinda meh otherwise. Laine on the other hand has struggled a lot recently, though I do think he'll bounce back eventually. While I'd still get the edge to Laine for now, I think the gap is a lot closer than it was a couple years ago. If Tkachuk keeps his pace for the rest of the year, not only will he get a massive contract, but I think he'll have passed Laine altogether.

Edit: Yeah, I realized I was still in NHL prospects when I posted this... hopefully a mod moves this shortly.

Edit 2: Laine is going on a tear and I'm starting to look stupid. ****

Edit 3: Congrats for making Safeway win a million bucks. I'll go back to my corner now...
But what if you need more edits?

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Very one dimensional player. But it is probably the most important dimension to be good at in Goal Scoring.

Because his game away from the puck, and in his own zone is terrible.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I mean Tkachuk still has 5 more points than Laine. Good for him to have an amazing game, but it's not like he's a whole different caliber ahead.

Laine has 7 more goals than he has
Also who had more points last year and the year before?
They both started in the nhl the same year too. Look at their total points and goals

Laine had 80 goals in his first 2 seasons
MT had 37

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Very one dimensional player. But it is probably the most important dimension to be good at in Goal Scoring.

You're a broken record. Time to change tracks

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Like comparing Pastrnak to Ovie. Tkachuk may have a few years where his production is top 10 but I'd give Laine 3/2 odds of making the HOF and Tkachuk 10/1.

Oh god we’re already talking about the HOF. Someone else said he’s going to get 80 goals and they were serious.

Reactions: TeddyBare

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Oh god we’re already talking about the HOF. Someone else said he’s going to get 80 goals and they were serious.

Good start, eh? Neither prediction sounds out of place, even though 80 is ridiculous to think of. He isn't near ready yet and 60 sounds reasonable even with just one linemate he jas chemistry with.

Who knows what would happen if he was again paired with Scheifele and have Connor on the other wing...time will tell, but don't write him off. We don't have a comparable shot in league history, so we can't really predict accurately.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013

He's EXTREMELY one dimensional if you only watch highlights. His overall play has been on a distinctive upward trajectory...

Reactions: Robinson2187

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Apparently there is no middle ground
October shooting Percentage = 6%
November shooting percentage = 35%

December shooting percentage=203%
January shooting percentage=1177%
February shooting percentage=6829%
March shooting percentage=39608%
April shooting percentage=229725%

according to this and his shots per game Laine will finish the season with 65971 goals

and then when you factor in how he's only 20 and will get exponentially better as he ages because that's how development works i'd be shocked if he doesn't have a million goal season at some point in the next couple years

Last edited:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
This thread should be fun to watch as the season progresses.
With opinions and preference swinging like a pendulum depending on how each player is doing.

Reactions: Waldemarsonson

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
He's EXTREMELY one dimensional if you only watch highlights. His overall play has been on a distinctive upward trajectory...

It's normal with Laine, the more goals he scores the better he does on other aspects of the game as well. And when his scoring slumps, his play suffers all around. I think it's one of the reasons he polarizes opinion so much, and why some people honestly seem to think he's this one dimensional plug with a great shot, who just stands still on the circle in PP and blasts them in.

I think it's confidence/flow thing. It's perhaps not a good attribute to have to be that dependant on scoring, but he's not the first goal scorer to have that trait... I do believe though it'll get better with age as he gets better physically and matures a bit. And he does seem to gain super powers when he gets the right kind of confidence going. So there's that upside to it...

EDIT: btw this is the first season on NHL level I'm starting to see some physical domination in his game. In WJC for example he had some serious power forwarding going on at times, even though he was a 17-year old playing against 20 year olds. He's not there yet, but even though he's leaner this season than the season before, he seems to protect the puck better and starting to look more like a player of his size should look like. It really does seem he had a good summer.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Rl3rPrj.png

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I love how the Laine hate came in so smoothly, it’s insane how people are so quick to judge sample size over the body of work and the road of success.

Reactions: Kiekura
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad