Could this be the end for Rask? (out until at least January)

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Such an odd and somewhat sad case of unrequited love. Rask desperately wants to come back and play for the Bruins, but they have moved on. They have their goalie of the future in Swayman, and they have committed long term to Ullmark in the role of veteran mentor that Rask seem to have wanted. So awkward.

If he is deemed healthy enough, they will 100% sign him. Guaranteed.

Likely send Swayman to AHL (2 way contract).

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I only hope he doesn't come back and absolutely bomb. I hate when star players are off for extended time towards the end, and then make a come back that derails a bit of their legacy.

Also it's crazy how lucky the bruins have been with goalies that it's a non issue if he comes back at this point.

I don't mind that as much as when the comeback is with a different team for like 10 games and then they retire.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I still don't understand why he isn't signed by Boston.

Would I be speculating too much if I said that he probably still wants to play meaningful hockey! (Olympics, playoffs etc.)

There comes an age when you just want to do something else than sit all days in planes and hotels with kids that are mostly only interested in TikTok videos, Call of Duty and personal stats. It is most likely true that he isn't at all interested about big contract money, but that doesn't mean he wants to play meaningless games for minimum caphit.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
He stated last August at a charity gig he wants to come back and that it's not about money. Sweeney even said it's up to him as of Monday's practice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad