Could Pavel Barber make the NHL as a 4th liner?

Could Pavel Barber make the NHL as a 4th liner?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Not that anything need to be said with the votes being at 100%

But, yes, a retired John Scott would be 1000 times more valuable to an NHL team than Barber.

No, Scotty Bowman could not lace them up and play in the NHL because he has the ability to teach others.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
The guy never played higher than AAA hockey. Not a chance. I can't even believe this is a serious question.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Barber's high skill, and the fact that he even teaches NHL players as a coach should mean that he's at least on par with the worst NHL player in the league.
No, that's not what that means at all. John Cooper never played higher than high school hockey and he's a head coach on the NHL. I guess he missed out on an NHL career?

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Here's a quote from Pavel from reddit
"Pavel here - I get this comment a lot. I'm nowhere near NHL level. I played AAA but stopped and played Field Hockey for team canada at age 18. The biggest thing I'd want people to realise is that having hands is great, but being able to apply them systematically in a game that offers little time and space is very different. That doesn't mean that those drills won't help. They will - and you absolutely should do them. But being able to apply them demands elite skating, unpredictability, and awareness.
I belong as a stickhandling instructor. It's what I love to do more than anything in this world, and it's something I understand deeply and can seriously help people with.
No one laughs harder at the "You should go to the NHL" comments than me lol. But just remember a lot of those comments are from kids or people who may not know hockey as well.
See you all on your Instagram feeds (unless you're a loser)."
He kind of annoys me with how deeply he analyzes and reads into some dekes NHLers pull off, but I respect him for having this kind of self-awareness to understand his place in the sport (which still serves an important purpose).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad