Could Kessel and Bozak be dogging for a reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I am actually embarrassed to be a leaf fan right now with some of you.

I get we are all frustrated..

I get the team sucks..

But Kessel has been scoring when the entire team hasn't. At first he was scapegoated for being our best player, I get that. It has no turned into leaf "fans" actually attacking him as a person, and making things up about him. Some of you guys are not being very mature at all.

There is no substance to most of your claims. Infact, most leaf fans are acting like Kessel is Clarkson... Look at this

We have a star player in our prime, and we have him surrounded with crap and a terrible coaching system, yet we put the blame on him.

Do people think if he was scoring PPG through our cold streak we would be winning? The answer is NO>

During this streak, we are getting sub 8.90 goaltending and the team is shooting at 3.5%..... Let that sink in..

Tell me how in the ever loving **** is this on Kessel?

hf27

Jan 29, 2013
We're not talking about Doughty or Quick. Some players play the game to actually try to win. Kessel doesn't. He gets outskated on the backcheck by Cody Franson.

why is franson backchecking to begin with?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
But Kessel has been scoring when the entire team hasn't. At first he was scapegoated for being our best player, I get that. It has no turned into leaf "fans" actually attacking him as a person, and making things up about him. Some of you guys are not being very mature at all.

The man has 3 goals in 22 games since December 8th.

David Clarkson has 2 goals in the same time span.

Last edited by a moderator:

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
I am actually embarrassed to be a leaf fan right now with some of you.

I get we are all frustrated..

I get the team sucks..

There is no substance to most of your claims. Infact, most leaf fans are acting like Kessel is Clarkson... Look at this

We have a star player in our prime, and we have him surrounded with crap and a terrible coaching system, yet we put the blame on him.

Do people think if he was scoring PPG through our cold streak we would be winning? The answer is NO>

During this streak, we are getting sub 8.90 goaltending and the team is shooting at 3.5%..... Let that sink in..

Tell me how in the ever loving **** is this on Kessel?

so you think it's a coincidence that Kessel worst month as a Leaf in terms of Offensive production also coincides with the longest losing streak in Franchise history?

ironhorse384

Dec 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
The man has 3 goals in 22 games since December 8th.

David Clarkson has 2 goals in the same time span.

I think he's right. It's a little outlandish for people to have expectations for the highest paid player on the team after all paying him that much doesn't mean he should go out every night and be the best player on the team. He should just be able to do what he wants and everybody should be happy with it>:sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
If you were a team that was acquiring a player, would you want a guy that has quit on his team when the season got tough or would you want a guy that fights through whatever he's up against?

All depends on the cost. If it's the quitter but he gives you 70 points a year and I only have to pay him league minimum, I'll take him. If it's the hard as nails tough guy that also puts up 70 points but he wants 9 million a year and it'll cost me 3 1st to get him. I'll pass.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think he's right. It's a little outlandish for people to have expectations for the highest paid player on the team after all paying him that much doesn't mean he should go out every night and be the best player on the team. He should just be able to do what he wants and everybody should be happy with it>:sarcasm:

NHL14-Ratings-Kane.jpg

NHL14-Ratings-Kessel.jpg

Oh look, EA Sports thinks they're the same...

ironhorse384

Dec 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
NHL14-Ratings-Kane.jpg

NHL14-Ratings-Kessel.jpg

Oh look, EA Sports thinks they're the same...

I watched the end of the jet game last night and one thing that Kane does that Kessel doesn't is take the puck to the net. Pretty ballsy for a guy who's a buck 60 soaking wet. Oh and he set up the game winner in overtime and scored on a breakaway, a deke I might add.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
A couple things - the entire team looks out of it. That's what happens during extended losing streaks (remember, this didn't start with Horachek - the team had lost something along the lines of 7 of Carlyle's last 9 games). It just kills confidence. Look at the rest of the bottom dwellers, like the Oilers. The players all look miserable.

Also, I think the whole Kessel-Bozak on ice relationship gets blown well out of proportion. If Kessel had the opportunity to play with a legitimate top six centre, he'd personally drive Bozak to the airport to get out of town.

ironhorse384

Dec 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
A couple things - the entire team looks out of it. That's what happens during extended losing streaks (remember, this didn't start with Horachek - the team had lost something along the lines of 7 of Carlyle's last 9 games). It just kills confidence. Look at the rest of the bottom dwellers, like the Oilers. The players all look miserable.

Also, I think the whole Kessel-Bozak on ice relationship gets blown well out of proportion. If Kessel had the opportunity to play with a legitimate top six centre, he'd personally drive Bozak to the airport to get out of town.

Yes but you play the hand you're dealt. The leafs don't have the cap space to go out and get an elite center nor do they have the time to wait to develop one while Kessel ages.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Phil and Bozie just can't wait for the summer. :sarcasm:

Well, they do have more money than us regular folk, so, they have the means to enjoy it more! ;)

I bet Kessel can't wait to go fishing!

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
so you think it's a coincidence that Kessel worst month as a Leaf in terms of Offensive production also coincides with the longest losing streak in Franchise history?

That proves my point further. Kessel doesn't score, the entire team doesn't. Therefore people expect Kessel to single handily win the season.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
Honestly my fear right now is that things start clicking again for Kessel and we start winning games. We are heading in a good direction to end this season. The last thing I want is a motivated Phil Kessel. The team should fake an injury and send him to Bali or something until next year.

As for Bozak, I think he's very fortunate to have played with Kessel as long as he has. That's all I'm going to say.

CalgaryLeaf*

I've said it many times that Kessel and others are not in good enough shape to play a 2 way game...Kessel floats for a reason---he conserves all of his energy for short bursts up the wing...When the coach demands that he play some defense he's got nothing left for offense.

Lot's of evidence suggests that he doesn't take conditioning to world class levels.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Let's play a little bit of Who Wants to be a Millionaire.....

Who said about Phil Kessel, "probably the best guy I've ever played with. He's unbelievable." Is it?

[A] Lebron James
Eddie Van Halen
[C] Tiger Woods
[D] Patrick Kane

CalgaryLeaf*

Let's play a little bit of Who Wants to be a Millionaire.....

Who said about Phil Kessel, "probably the best guy I've ever played with. He's unbelievable." Is it?

[A] Lebron James Eddie Van Halen

[C] Tiger Woods [D] Patrick Kane

The Kessel apologists are so cute. Yeah float and score goals---who cares if they score MORE GOALS against your line night in and night out...At least I got my point!:laugh:

ironhorse384

Dec 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
That proves my point further. Kessel doesn't score, the entire team doesn't. Therefore people expect Kessel to single handily win the season.

It proves nothing other than the fact that you're willing to put up with him being a dog ****er. Nobody likes a dog ****er at work or on their team. Kessel has a lot more to give but he chooses not to whether that's due to laziness, selfishness or fear. He's good player that could be great but that's due to the way he plays the game. There's no reason this guy can't get you 50 a year if he just stuck his head in there and got his hands dirty, but again he refuses and gets criticized for it and deserved so.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
In a way it's a good thing that Phil has disappeared, so that we can foreshadow what the team is going to look like when he is traded. That way it won't be as big a shock to those that thought the teams best players were Kadri and Rielly.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
In a way it's a good thing that Phil has disappeared, so that we can foreshadow what the team is going to look like when he is traded. That way it won't be as big a shock to those that thought the teams best players were Kadri and Rielly.
We already saw that last spring though. Of the core Kessel is the one I want gone the least. Unfortunately he is the only one with any trade value.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Kessel is dogging it because he wants the Leafs to get McDavid, so he can finally play with a 1C. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad