Could Kessel and Bozak be dogging for a reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
That proves my point further. Kessel doesn't score, the entire team doesn't. Therefore people expect Kessel to single handily win the season.

that's what happens with every team in the NHL, there best players don't produce offensively and play well there team will lose more then it wins, that's why when your in slumps as a team most of the time it's because your top players are not playing well, and in this case Kessel isn't playing well and is a key reason why were in this slump.

this post I made back on Dec 28th shows that to be true even with some teams who are considered to have excellent depth. first record is when the player doesn't get a point the 2nd when he does

Patrick Kane Chicago is 6-6-1 when he produces 18-4-1
Toews Chicago 7-8-1 when he produces 17-2-1
Crosby Pitts 5-6-2 when he produces 17 - 2 - 3
Malkin Pitts 3-4 when he produces 19 - 4- 5
Kopitar LA's 7-8-4 when he produces 11 - 3 - 3
Carter LA's 6 - 9 - 5 when he produces 12 - 2 - 2
Bergeron Boston's 3 - 10 - 2 when he produces 15 - 5 - 1

there's a clear correlation between the records when there best players produce and when they don't so when your in a slump it's generally because your best players haven't been very good. remember that was from Dec 28th so it's a little outdated. when your top line is being out played and out scored depth can't make up the distance on a regular basis.

Dec 8, 2014
I doubt they are doing this because a trade is coming. Ive played with some very talented and skilled players in my hockey years (not pro) and when those great players dont put much effort to work as a team, its because they dont like the coach plans or they dont like the team or they want to play their own way or lack of passion etc

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Another reason why we should have just kept Randy around until this core is gutted, letting them score all they want and forget about defence until they each get traded at the deadline or in the summer.

Then hire a coach in the offseason when implementing a new defensive system will not impact trade value.

This crew will do everything they can to stay in Muskoka and avoid playing a defensively responsible game including not performing and I wouldn't be surprised to see some "not feeling well enough to play" before the trade deadline. They have to be made to want to leave.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
If you think about players just want the money, then wouldn't they want more money by at least making it to the 1st round of the playoffs. Even if they get knocked out of the 1st round, each player gets an additional 10k.

ooh, lets see now Kessel makes 100,000 a game. Yeah he'll be pissed missing that 10,000 for playing a minimum of 4 extra games over a two week period tacked on to the regular season.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I think Phil is exceptionally motivated by the playoffs. It's once they're eliminated that he doesn't seem to care as much.

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Bozak is a bad influence on Phil. This lifestyle of being couch locked gamer, stoner, and womanzer is sad. He should be working everyday of the summer to get better.

ByeByeBylsma*

Leafs fall in November and die in winter. Horticulture 101, friends.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I think Phil is exceptionally motivated by the playoffs. It's once they're eliminated that he doesn't seem to care as much.

pretty much, guy loves to play when we're in it, as soon as youre eliminated he plays at 50%, goes on the odd rush chance and then could care less.

I dont hate it, it's hard to keep motivated when not in contention, but it's because theyre so lazy that they got elminated, not that they played hard til the end and then got eliminated in the last couple games.

plus they know a trades coming, so theres no point in trying really. oh well mcdavid:D

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Using Kessel and 'exceptionally motivated' in the same sentence is oxy moronic.

I'm not saying he's a heart and soul player, he's not. But the suggestion he doesn't care about the playoffs is nonsense. That is obviously what drives him the most.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
I'm not saying he's a heart and soul player, he's not. But the suggestion he doesn't care about the playoffs is nonsense. That is obviously what drives him the most.

Tyler Bozak drives him the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad