Could hextall trade Claude Giroux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
how can you be a member of this board since 2005 and still make topics like this

and the answer is no, obviously

RJ8812*

ya, lets trade one of the best players in the league for cap space

Tedeward

Jan 24, 2014
Philly
I mean we could trade Giroux. Or we could just trade Vinny and Grossmann and free up the same amount of cap space.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Since there is no No Trade/Move Clauses in effect, Hextall could trade Giroux... I think the question is, would Hextall trade Giroux?

Considering how there has been recent great upheaval of the in-bred core and strong statements of liking the young core now on board, and how patience and developing in-house coming from all angles of management, I would have to say that the answer to 'Would Hextall trade Giroux?' in an unequivocal... NO!

Now, I'm sure someone will counter with, 'we have been told things before that were flat out untrue, with the Organization then doing exactly what they said they would not do... To that I answer, 'Shut up!'

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
4934-house.png

I can't stress enough how much I hope you're joking, for your sake.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hextall could trade Giroux in an attempt to create cap space and make the team better. I could also empty my bank account, give all my money to a crack-addled hobo, and see if he'll lead me to the pot of gold in hidden Unicorntopia.

I don't think improvement of our situation is likely in either case, while the Flyers and myself would lose something valuable trying.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Hextall could trade Giroux in an attempt to create cap space and make the team better. I could also empty my bank account, give all my money to a crack-addled hobo, and see if he'll lead me to the pot of gold in hidden Unicorntopia.

I don't think improvement of our situation is likely in either case, while the Flyers and myself would lose something valuable trying.

Why are your posts always awesome :laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Could happen maybe hextall doesn't think G is worth 8 mill a year.

I don't think trading your captain & best player right off the bat is good way to start out your tenure.

Giroux was basically naming his price this past summer, I seriously doubt Hextall could have faired much better than Homer in "negotiations".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad