Proposal: Could a deal be made Mtl/Pit/Ana or Wpg

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Pens: Pacioretty @ 50%

Devils: Brassard

Canadiens: McCleod + 2018 2nd (Penguins)

Devils get a top 6 C, Pens get Patches, Canadiens get a center prospect and a 2nd

No reason to think Brassard wouldn’t re-sign in NJ so trading McCleod could be worth it

Have don't need McLeod. We have Poehling who basically projects to be the same thing as McLeod but with a bit of a mean streak.

hilarnat

Jun 17, 2017
Pens: Pacioretty @ 50%
Devils: Brassard
Canadiens: McCleod + 2018 2nd (Penguins)

That might be a realistic "youth for Patches" return.

I'd prefer PIT's 1st of course but they won't give Brassard and the 1st, I'm not kidding myself. Considering this, I'd try PIT to also give OTT's 3rd (which is likely a late 2nd) with the 2nd but PIT's not likely to weaken their draft that much because I'd be surprised if Patches signs there, could be a conditional if he stays (meaning they see him as Kessel replacement because I think they could get a lot in a Kessel trade but I'm threading away here, too much speculation).

If NJD is ready to do this, it might raise a flag on McLeod's progression. Zacha is already performing under expectations, not sure of what's ahead for them at C.

Habs POV: McLeod and Poehling have to compete and they might just raise each other's level. It's not like MTL is dead set on the future C line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad