Value of: Cost to deal (Jordan) Weal!

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Please don't forget Matt Luff is also in this trade.

Believe me, that has not slipped my mind. The answer is f*** no. Your offer is blown away by the MrFenn asking for a 5th round pick and a similar scrub to be returned to the Habs.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Believe me, that has not slipped my mind. The answer is f*** no. Your offer is blown away by the MrFenn asking for a 5th round pick and a similar scrub to be returned to the Habs.
He never made a offer only said that he thought would get it done so nice try.

edit and he said a 4th 5th and a contract so thats not a offer

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He never made a offer only said that he thought would get it done so nice try.

edit and he said a 4th 5th and a contract so thats not a offer

He said a 4th would get it done. Maybe a 5th. And the Habs would have to take back a player on an ELC.

So basically the ask is a 4.5th round pick + a scrub like Matt Luff for Weal. :)

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
He said a 4th would get it done. Maybe a 5th. And the Habs would have to take back a player on an ELC.

So basically the ask is a 4.5th round pick + a scrub like Matt Luff for Weal. :)
its not a offer no matter how you try to twist it. It was only "what he thought would get it done" In order for it to be a offer would have to have said scrub name in the offer so again nice try . I still have the only offer in the thread

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
its not a offer no matter how you try to twist it. It was only "what he thought would get it done" In order for it to be a offer would have to have said scrub name in the offer so again nice try . I still have the only offer in the thread
LOL, this wasn't about offer's, it was about the "value of" 300K in capspace. A HF poster's offer is meaningless as we are not GMs. We are offering our thoughts on what is fair value / value / unfair value. The poster felt a 4th woudl get it done, probably a 5th. That is in line with what i was expecting.

Also, the fact that said poster didn't "offer" the name of the ELC contract is because the poster knows that any scrub ELC (like Matt Luff) has zero value.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
You said and i quote Mr fren was offering which was bs and now that i called u on it u wanna switch it around I'm done with you. No gm is going to waste cap space for 5th round pick so have fun trying to get that done.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You said and i quote Mr fren was offering which was bs and now that i called u on it u wanna switch it around I'm done with you. No gm is going to waste cap space for 5th round pick so have fun trying to get that done.

I hear your opinion and respect it even though its laughable ;). I also heard the opinion of the other poster who thought a 5th would get it done. I think he's on the mark.

There is now balance in the universe.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I hear your opinion and respect it even though its laughable ;). I also heard the opinion of the other poster who thought a 5th would get it done. I think he's on the mark.

There is now balance in the universe.

Once more post easy to say that he should get this or that but what team or teams do u see wasting there cap space in this manor

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Once more post easy to say that he should get this or that but what team or teams do u see wasting there cap space in this manor

Taking on a measly 300K of caphit (once Weal is buried) for a 4th or 5th round pick is wasting capspace? And that's also ignoring that Weal could still contribute to a 4th line.

300K is nothing to a team like Detroit. I would expect a 4th or 5th round pick has that kind of value.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I don't see why moving Weal makes playing Perry that much more likely. Perry is way, way over the hill, and he's there for depth only.

There's a reason he went unsigned until the last minute and then signed for league minimum. The guy is toast.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Taxi cab depth has no value to the Habs. Why would the Habs pay an extra tax for the honor of having Luff occupy the trunk of the taxi cab? He would be in the trunk with the pizza boxes, beer bottles and stinky hockey bag.

He has zero value to the Habs. Habs wouldn't take him if he was free because the cab is full. Why is that so hard to understand?

I'd take AHL depth for free. Wouldn't pay a 3rd rounder to move Weal though.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Well think of it this way at least i made a offer I dont see anyone else doing so. So maybe ur expectations are a little to high. Cap space is at a premium in a flat cap world. Why should the kings settle for less
I would rather keep Luff. The coaching staff likes what they've seen from him during training camp.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Low round draft picks carry so little value, don’t see a team making the effort here to make a trade that does nothing for their roster only to get a long shot lottery ticket. Just keep him buried. He’s an expiring 1.4mm deal. In the grand picture of bad NHL contracts, this one registers as a 3.4 on the Richter scale. It barely shakes and most of us sleep thru it.

It’s not worth the effort for the Habs or another team to make this deal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I was thinking a 5th or 6th round pick.

Not in these flat cap seasons... I think it might cost a 3rd rounder. I really don't care if it's a 3rd, 4th, or 5th to be honest. Habs are loaded with picks in those rounds and the draft boards vary a lot after the 2nd round. Trading a 3rd on top of Weal to get it done would not hurt our ability to throw darts at our targets.

Weal and a 3rd
for
Future considerations

This would free up the Habs cap and Weal is not a bad player for a team looking for depth who are rebuilding and are not tight against the cap. Kings would be the team I would call. Lowest actual NHL salaries in the entire NHL this year. Money is important

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Low round draft picks carry so little value, don’t see a team making the effort here to make a trade that does nothing for their roster only to get a long shot lottery ticket. Just keep him buried. He’s an expiring 1.4mm deal. In the grand picture of bad NHL contracts, this one registers as a 3.4 on the Richter scale. It barely shakes and most of us sleep thru it.

It’s not worth the effort for the Habs or another team to make this deal.

Habs need the cap space flexibility. Weal on our taxi squad is costing us $325k of cap and we could use that space. Especially if we want to make a move at the deadline.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Habs need the cap space flexibility. Weal on our taxi squad is costing us $325k of cap and we could use that space. Especially if we want to make a move at the deadline.
Then make it a 3rd rounder since it seems desperate for the Habs to move him. A 3rd may get someone’s attention.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
We could prob trade him for a late pick closer to the tdl.
We got a 7th round pick for Peca last year despite burying him in the ahl

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Then make it a 3rd rounder since it seems desperate for the Habs to move him. A 3rd may get someone’s attention.

That's the point... getting someone's attention with the 3rd. Otherwise, I don't think other teams will be wanting Weal that badly.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
3 Team trade because i'm bored:

NJD: Weal, 4th (MTL)
EDM: Eric Comrie
MTL: 7th (EDM)

Edmonton gets their goalie insurance, montreal gets their 325k cap space, NJ gets a 4th for their trouble

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I doubt Montreal cares enough about moving Perry to the active roster enough to pay to move Weal.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
What if we put a condition on whether or not Matt Luff clears Waivers for the first time? If he clears its a 3rd if he doesn't it becomes a 4th.

Wow a very reasonable compromise. That would work for me So deal. Nice to see a reasonable level headed fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad