Value of: Cost of getting Pulock in an Oil jersey?

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I guess Edmonton shouldn’t be trading with Islanders anymore, considering they would probably send Connor the other way for Pulock.

But with that being said, would there be any assets excluding any draft picks that would land him?

Nurse & Pulock are similar age, if we bridge them both we will have them on similar time-lines capwise.

It “seems” as though Oilers have a surplus of centres, and Islanders are definitely looking to fill that 3rd line centre gap.

Would a deal around sending Strome back work? Maybe even a deal with +’s on either side with Puljujarvi?

I’m sure NYI fans are high on this kid, so let me know what it would most likely take. :)

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Strome for Pulock? Is this a serious thread?

Value aside, why would the islanders trade ANY defense when it is the weakest part of the team, nevermind to fill a 3rd line spot?

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It'll be tough. We need to add defense, not trade our best young defenseman away.

I'm not even sure Snow has the authority to make trades right now.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
The Isles have no real reason to trade Pulock. There is talk that he might get a long term deal this summer and the organization has always seemed to hold him in very high regard. He's not going anywhere, he looks like a long term piece of the defense. He's more than his wicked shot, his game has developed in almost all facets.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Are the Oilers trying to corner the market on Isles defensemen who cant skate? We’ve already got lots of #5/6D including a bottom pairing RH D with a big shot in Ethan Bear and he costs nothing.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Strome for Pulock? Is this a serious thread?

Value aside, why would the islanders trade ANY defense when it is the weakest part of the team, nevermind to fill a 3rd line spot?

Would even a Strome, Puljujarvi for Pulock and minor + even get the phone calls picked up?

Oilers definitely don’t have the defense to swing a trade for Pulock if the only thing acceptable is an upgrade or upcoming blue chip prospect.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I guess Edmonton shouldn’t be trading with Islanders anymore, considering they would probably send Connor the other way for Pulock.

But with that being said, would there be any assets excluding any draft picks that would land him?

Nurse & Pulock are similar age, if we bridge them both we will have them on similar time-lines capwise.

It “seems” as though Oilers have a surplus of centres, and Islanders are definitely looking to fill that 3rd line centre gap.

Would a deal around sending Strome back work? Maybe even a deal with +’s on either side with Puljujarvi?

I’m sure NYI fans are high on this kid, so let me know what it would most likely take. :)
Pulock a RHD, is coming off a 32 pt rookie season despite practically zero 1st PP time.
Isles reportedly hope to sign him to s 7-8 year extension.
Neither Puljujarvi or Strone come close?Oilers have interest in Bellows or JHS for Nurse?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Are the Oilers trying to corner the market on Isles defensemen who cant skate? We’ve already got lots of #5/6D including a bottom pairing RH D with a big shot in Ethan Bear and he costs nothing.
Someone should tell Pulock he cannot skate at the nhl level.
Stop bashing Pulock. He is no Reinhart and you waste your time with with the silliness.

Reactions: 99664987

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Pulock a RHD, is coming off a 32 pt rookie season despite practically zero 1st PP time.
Isles reportedly hope to sign him to s 7-8 year extension.
Neither Puljujarvi or Strone come close?Oilers have interest in Bellows or JHS for Nurse?

I think Nurse has worked his way into the “untouchable” territory on this team, but those set of wingers fit the bill perfectly for the Oilers.

No chance of Strome and small plus for one of those wingers I suppose?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think Nurse has worked his way into the “untouchable” territory on this team, but those set of wingers fit the bill perfectly for the Oilers.

No chance of Strome and small plus for one of those wingers I suppose?
And 23 yr old Pulock, who took 3 yrs to develop in the AHL, crosses off so many boxes for the NYI that there is very little
chance he is moved:
RHD
Top 2-3 potential
Ended the season playing better then any other NYI D and looks poised to take on a bigger role.

and no, Strome as the key does not bring back either JHS or Bellows. Isles gave up on Strome because they did not care for his development. Is he somehow supposed to be more attractive now?

Reactions: dood and PWJunior

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The Isles have no real reason to trade Pulock. There is talk that he might get a long term deal this summer and the organization has always seemed to hold him in very high regard. He's not going anywhere, he looks like a long term piece of the defense. He's more than his wicked shot, his game has developed in almost all facets.

Pulock for Eber.... oh wait.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
What are the pluses and any indication of what Pulock is signing for if he gets 7-8 years?

Isles offer their youngsters whose development they are pleased with, the security of a longterm deal, hoping they choose that over a potential bigger payday 1-2 seasons down the road.
I would love to see Pulock locked into a 7-8 yr deal at $4.5m. His rep should encourage him to take the bridge deal though. That $4.5m would be a steal for the NYI going forward.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Doesn’t makes sense for the isles to move hiM. He’s coming into his own and was amazing the 2nd half of the season. His offensive game really starting to translate and he was playiing really well defensively the 2nd half.

Isles are desperate and in need of top4 Defensman as much if not more than the oilers are.

Reactions: WangMustGo

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Doesn’t makes sense for the isles to move hiM. He’s coming into his own and was amazing the 2nd half of the season. His offensive game really starting to translate and he was playiing really well defensively the 2nd half.

Isles are desperate and in need of top4 Defensman as much if not more than the oilers are.
I would not mind moving Pelech or Mayfield. Neither impressed me and it opens up a spot for Toews.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Someone should tell Pulock he cannot skate at the nhl level.
Stop bashing Pulock. He is no Reinhart and you waste your time with with the silliness.
Well then you are seeing him skate “with with” different eyes than I am.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
honestly, and no offense to our oiler brothers, but I wouldnt trade pulock for any defender on the oilers. the combinaton of years of control and youth is vital to our future, Larsson and Nurse are fine in their own right but I think Pulock has a chance to be special. which I assume is why Akrapovince wants him.

I think the oilers 1st round pick will be a defender so you guys will be fine

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Pulock is a budding top pairing defenseman for the Islanders (was their best player down the stretch, and is just scratching the surface on how good he is), so his price tag is what you would want for a budding top pairing defenseman (whom is a RHD with a booming slapshot) on your team.

So, yeah.

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I would not mind moving Pelech or Mayfield. Neither impressed me and it opens up a spot for Toews.

I wouldn’t mind moving either of them as well. Pelech I think is fine as a #6 with room to grow a bit more but I feel Mayfield is a #6/7 closer to #7

These are the guys our GM locks up long term lol

Sucks that Toews got hurt this year. It was nice seeing Aho get some NHL playing time but Toews would have been the first call up had he been healthy. He has a shot to become a #4 Defensman imo.

After Toews though I think we have a bunch of wildcards and mystery boxes. Guys with a lot of potential but will have to really take big strides in development (MVS Wotherspoon Quennville)

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I don't see us as good trading partners. Pulock
won't be dealt for anything but an overpayment.
And that's not even realisti c

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Well then you are seeing him skate “with with” different eyes than I am.
Then I suggest you get some glasses.

Neither fans or the front office, would be hoping to lock Pulock into a 7-8 year extension if he could not skate.

There are no threads started by nyi fans,asking what other teams would give up for Pulock. We do not want him trade because we think he is developing into a stud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad