Confirmed with Link: Corson Ceulemans (25th overall pick, 2021) signs 3-Year ELC with CBJ

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Some of the reviews from Wisconsin are negative for Ceulemans. Let's hope he is invigorated by the challenge of fighting for a spot in the AHL.
That program was shit with no direction. Not even one direction (insert catchy toon here? :)) He was allowed to develop bad habits with no structure. I'm hopeful the early jump in the AHL will show him the way to play and that he takes it and runs. He was supposedly a motivated kid his draft year and has a good tool kit to work with but needs molded and structure. I'm sure we'll here reports but I like this opportunity for him.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Some of the reviews from Wisconsin are negative for Ceulemans. Let's hope he is invigorated by the challenge of fighting for a spot in the AHL.
What kind of negative? I have heard he’s a bit ambitious with his offensive game. But I kind of attribute that to him trying to do too much on a bad team

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
What kind of negative? I have heard he’s a bit ambitious with his offensive game. But I kind of attribute that to him trying to do too much on a bad team

I'm just recalling what Wisconsin followers have said on the main boards, I'll let you assess.

It's fine either way, Ceulemans is a long term play.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I mean having any structure will help… Wisco is a train wreck > which is why their HC Tony Granato just got fired.
If structure is what he needs, may god have mercy on his soul in the CBJ organization. Hopefully things will be different next season.

Reactions: koteka

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Hes been a player Ive been very excited about for awhile. I wasnt on board with trading him for Chychrun intially but kind of soteftened that by the end. Anyway I think he is gonna be a great player for us even if it takes a year or 2 more development. He was a bright spot in the 2 Wisconsin games I watched and that team was extremely frustrating to watch. Hes had negative questions asked about him before like lack of creativity, inability to get shots through and now when people talk about him those are 2 of the 1st things they bring up as strength's.

I hope he can have a Savard like growth to his defensive game which is a lot to ask but he has the tools and size to be a very solid 2 way 2nd pair D. If our prospects hit we are going to have a very mobile, skilled and potentially solid 2 way group

Last edited:
Reactions: seneca

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
That program was shit with no direction. Not even one direction (insert catchy toon here? :)) He was allowed to develop bad habits with no structure. I'm hopeful the early jump in the AHL will show him the way to play and that he takes it and runs. He was supposedly a motivated kid his draft year and has a good tool kit to work with but needs molded and structure. I'm sure we'll here reports but I like this opportunity for him.
The defense coach (Mark Osiecki) was the same guy who played a large part in the development of other players to come through Wisconsin: Ryan Suter, Ryan McDonagh, Tom Gilbert, Brendan Smith, Justin Schultz, Cody Goloubef, Jake Gardiner, etc.

If there is an inkling of hope for y’all it’s this, K’Andre Miller looked like a lazy disinterested player his last year at Wisconsin as well. Ceulemans has all the physical and skill capabilities to be a good player. He just needs to play harder and make smarter decisions.

AndBoomGoesTheCannon

Feb 21, 2019
Cleveland, OH
The defense coach (Mark Osiecki) was the same guy who played a large part in the development of other players to come through Wisconsin: Ryan Suter, Ryan McDonagh, Tom Gilbert, Brendan Smith, Justin Schultz, Cody Goloubef, Jake Gardiner, etc.

If there is an inkling of hope for y’all it’s this, K’Andre Miller looked like a lazy disinterested player his last year at Wisconsin as well. Ceulemans has all the physical and skill capabilities to be a good player. He just needs to play harder and make smarter decisions.
Thanks for the report! Great to hear from someone that watches the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00