OT: Coronavirus XXXIII: Moderna Joins Pfizer as the Second Approved Vaccine in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Why don't they have a SARS or MERS vaccine then?

Those were contained to region(s) and so that a vaccine was not needed, and was not tenable due to negligible demand for such a vaccine. This isn't complicated.

I mean I do think more groundwork ought to have gone into it at the time, but Big Pharma ultimately is in business of making money.

As far as your other reply its perfectly fair to be concerned with the vaccine, the quick roll out, quick approvals, I'm on board with that. When you take it to extremes, as you've done, it discredits what you try to disseminate.

Again I can't see why somebody would do that.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Based on my research that's the number I expect if everyone who gets the vaccine is exposed to the virus.They are fast tracking this vaccine, and any self respecting physician should be recommending against it for patients under 70.
Well that would be somewhat credible if you were a scientist with PHD in this field. But you have internet access and the ability to pull up the same information as everyone else. I have a couple of self respecting physicians in my family and they don't share your narrative, actually almost exactly the opposite.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What on earth are you talking about here?

Do you not understand how herd immunity is accomplished?
Do you? Are we even certain that COVID is a virus that won't mutate and re-infect in time?

I've seen the 'herd immunity' term thrown around a lot and it routinely gets bounced. It requires an obscene amount of our population to get sick, which results in the same hospitalizations, long-term health effects and deaths as the current outbreak, only on a much larger scale. And ultimately there's no guarantee it'd even work.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
You people keep arguing with EACH OTHER about the same meaningless shit; all in the name of being right. Lose your egos for a f***ing second.

Focus on the FACT government and billionaires plan to control every facet of our lives. That should anger us more than someone believing in the validity of a vaccine and vice versa.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Do you? Are we even certain that COVID is a virus that won't mutate and re-infect in time?

I've seen the 'herd immunity' term thrown around a lot and it routinely gets bounced. It requires an obscene amount of our population to get sick, which results in the same hospitalizations, long-term health effects and deaths as the current outbreak, only on a much larger scale. And ultimately there's no guarantee it'd even work.
Here Immunity is achieved in a few ways. It CAN be from everyone getting it and the survivors being able to withstand it and the virus dies out casue most people can withstand it. Which requires an extremely large percent of the population to catch it. Or just a certain percentage of the population getting a vaccine against it.

In the end hers immunity is the end goal, even with vaccines because there will always be some people who simply won't take it (can't be a large percentage) or people who can't take it do to various medical reasons.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You people keep arguing with EACH OTHER about the same meaningless shit; all in the name of being right. Lose your egos for a f***ing second.

Focus on the government and billionaires plans to control every facet of our life.
So we have Raab yelling about anti-vaxx stuff and now you are rolling into the "the government are billionaires are trying to control us man NWO!". Wait am I on above top-secret, did I go to the wrong website this morning?

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005

Herd immunity of this kind plays out in exactly the same way as the vast amount of herd immunities have played out. It is based around vaccinations, not "everyone getting sick" and suddenly you don't get a coronavirus again. Jesus Christ, there are stains of coronavirus that cause "common colds" for millions and millions of people every year. You don't develop a natural immunity to them on your own.

The idea that the world needs to get infected to achieve herd immunity is likely the biggest falsehood surrounding herd immunity that there is. It's absolutely not true.

Reactions: Dorian2

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So we have Raab yelling about anti-vaxx stuff and now you are rolling into the "the government are billionaires are trying to control us man NWO!". Wait am I on above top-secret, did I go to the wrong website this morning?
Anti-vax, anti-mask, anti-lockdown, anti-Nuge, anti-Nurse...

The guy constantly tries to get a rise.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
There is literally a plan called the Great Reset, which is endorsed by governments/billionaires, and you think you can discredit me?

Reactions: oilers'72 and Studz

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005

Focus on the FACT government and billionaires plan to control every facet of our lives. That should anger us more than someone believing in the validity of a vaccine and vice versa.

Well, that's my cue. Too close to Christmas to hang out here another second.

Merry Christmas to all. Be safe and enjoy the holiday.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Welcome to Human history throughout recorded history 101. Power corrupts and controls, this just in...news at 11

I can't be more sarcastic. heh

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I could never possibly convey to you how little I care about your opinion on anything.
Yet you still respond. If all you do is come here to insult and mock others you must care a lot. It actually takes more effort to be a shitty person than it does to be a good person. Maybe you just have a lot of free time on your hands.

Reactions: oilers'72

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
We have already been threatened with having no access to flights, malls, employment, etc if we do not get vaccinated. You do not view that as a measure of control?

Reactions: oilers'72 and Studz

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
There is literally a plan called the Great Reset, which is endorsed by governments/billionaires, and you think you can discredit me?
Ahh yes the good old
"see this thing I'm blowing way out of proportion and listening to the crazy conspiracies on, think you can discredit me"

You can never prove a conspiracy theorist wrong cause you can't prove that something that doesn't exist doesn't exist.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Ahh yes the good old
"see this thing I'm blowing way out of proportion and listening to the crazy conspiracies on, think you can discredit me"

You can never prove a conspiracy theorist wrong cause you can't prove that something that doesn't exist doesn't exist.

Please tell me where I am wrong to cite the WEF? "You will own nothing, and you will be happy."

Also: I am not a conspiracy theorist.

Reactions: oilers'72

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We have already been threatened with having no access to flights, malls, employment, etc if we do not get vaccinated. You do not view that as a measure of control?
Ahh yes we have been threatened. Some believe that, I have yet to see any government in the world say that so...yeah

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Please tell me where I am wrong to cite the WEF? "You will own nothing, and you will be happy."

Also: I am not a conspiracy theorist.
The WEF is a bunch of ideas. Like they always have ideas, some get implemented some don't. The majority of the things in there are just ideas for people to invest down certain paths to help in a pair Covid world.

Also the whole point of the Great Reset is a reset of our thinking on things. They see the opportunity now to reset ideas on sustainability and global warming etc. That's all it's about. It's not about assuming control etc. Conspiracy theorists took it as that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad