OT: Coronavirus XXIX: Is This Even the Right Damn Roman Numeral? New Measures to Curb Stomp COVID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
At any rate, you think they should shut restaurants down other than pickup and delivery, and I think they should have the choice. And we are never going to agree on that.

I think the decision one way or another should be evidence based. It clearly wasn’t.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
No problem, I strive to be intellectually honest in comprehending peoples positions in my discourses. Hockey fanaticism notwithstanding, with the childlike zeal that we have where none of us are rational lol.

It’s tough times though, I have friends who own restaurants who are calling me in tears trying to legally get out of their leases and are losing their life savings trying to keep things afloat.

Not all businesses and corporations are flush with operating capital. A lot of small businesses who are the life blood of our economy have been devastated by this.

Further Trudeau loans, which amount to a nominal amount don’t really help when it’s further debt saddling people that are already extended financially.

Well said!

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Anyone notice how bank stocks are all climbing back up towards all time highs? Kind of a bummer there was no way to get banks to actually make any kind of sacrifice from all this aside from delaying some mortgage payments while people are being destroyed by not being able to pay their loans. Oh well.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Anyone notice how bank stocks are all climbing back up towards all time highs? Kind of a bummer there was no way to get banks to actually make any kind of sacrifice from all this aside from delaying some mortgage payments while people are being destroyed by not being able to pay their loans. Oh well.

They're making money on delayed mortgage payments, and they were bailed out by the government once again.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
The rich got richer and the middle class got broke. I think that’s what needs to be reset. Instead of it being the other way around and it’s only getting worse.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I don’t blame the restaurant owner for making a stink. Being loud and having your voice heard can influence politicians during this pandemic. Ford has already changed the rules on things shortly after enforcing them. I bet a lot of restaurant owners support what he did and will continue to be heard so that they can open for sit down dining.

It’s scary to think these businesses are getting shut down 6 weeks into flu season. I don’t see how cases go down before summer unless we have a full scale lockdown. I bet that man isn’t able to open his restaurant until April.

I don’t blame anyone or think that people aren’t following the rules, I just think COVID is way to contagious.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I don’t blame the restaurant owner for making a stink. Being loud and having your voice heard can influence politicians during this pandemic. Ford has already changed the rules on things shortly after enforcing them. I bet a lot of restaurant owners support what he did and will continue to be heard so that they can open for sit down dining.

It’s scary to think these businesses are getting shut down 6 weeks into flu season. I don’t see how cases go down before summer unless we have a full scale lockdown. I bet that man isn’t able to open his restaurant until April.

I don’t blame anyone or think that people aren’t following the rules, I just think COVID is way to contagious.

If Covid was that contagious you'd already have had it.

Reactions: oilers'72

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
So if I understand this correctly:

Me and my girl can go out with two people to a restaurant but We can’t have them over? Is this correct?

also my girls little sister lives alone:

so we can go over there and see her in her house but she’s not allowed over to our house? Is this correct?

I just want to make sure I understand everything correctly

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Me and my girl can go out with two people to a restaurant but We can’t have them over? Is this correct?

so we can go over there and see her in her house but she’s not allowed over to our house? Is this correct?

You can't go for food with anyone outside your household.

If your lady's sister lives by herself she can pick 2 people to visit and hang out with.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
You can't go for food with anyone outside your household.

If your lady's sister lives by herself she can pick 2 people to visit and hang out with.

does that mean she can come to our house then? Or we can only go to her house?

okay and I understood you can go for food with others.. (2 others from another household to be exact) very confusing. They should just make a list and release it like it’s pretty simple stuff we don’t need to speak in code and be vague.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
does that mean she can come to our house then? Or we can only go to her house?

okay and I understood you can go for food with others.. (2 others from another household to be exact) very confusing. They should just make a list and release it like it’s pretty simple stuff we don’t need to speak in code and be vague.

You can't go for food with anyone outside your household, nor should you.

Yes, she can come to your house and you can go to hers. But you two will be her contacts.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Pretty simple that if Covid was extremely infectious you would have already had it 10 months into a pandemic.
My point was that I don’t think the numbers will come down until spring. I don’t think it will grow exponentially but even with all these strict measures I think we hum along at these case numbers all winter. If a business gets shut down now my guess is it stays shut down all winter unless the goal posts get moved.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

I think the owner would have had a better chance to influence the politicians had everyone in there been wearing masks and social distancing. No chance of that now.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

The restaurant will make sure that masking and distancing are enforced. Your home cannot guarantee that, and likely won't.
And correct on both points.

Reactions: Raab

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
My point was that I don’t think the numbers will come down until spring. I don’t think it will grow exponentially but even with all these strict measures I think we hum along at these case numbers all winter. If a business gets shut down now my guess is it stays shut down all winter unless the goal posts get moved.

World numbers are already down, and have been for around 3-4weeks. World infection numbers peaked, now a decline. Last 20 days 15 of the case counts were way down from a mark established 3 weeks ago. Only 5 matched it. This is a trend I have been pointing out for awhile. First noted that numbers had seemingly peaked 2 weeks ago.

As I mentioned only the US numbers are holding this up. Without near 200K infections/day comign from the US alone people would be seeing drastic, instead or marginal worldwide decrease in daily case numbers.

In any wave of Covid-19 thus far, almost any area (except US) Covid rages, then slows down. Thats the pattern it has shown almost everywhere. The waves generally last 2mths.

So there isn't exponential increase globally, there isn't currently increase in daily numbers at all. Not only was there plateau, now numbers declining.

This isn't going to last in great numbers all winter just from what I've seen. Unless Canada somehow fails as badly at this as the US has. But EVEN in the pandemic gongshow US the numbers were decling the last week. But now Thanksgiving, then black friday..

US is the worst nation for this. A country that has a unique and almost constantly contentious view of liberty, a country where people will do whatever regardless, and where people typically downplay problems of any kind. I don't think theres a place on Earth that believes more in mans dominion over nature, and thus does not believe that we are at the mercy of forces greater than our own. The US is really founded on denial. Overall an odd country.

All that meant to depict that the look of the pandemic curve in NA is different than almost anywhere else where most countries are getting over this wave and hitting vastly declining numbers.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

And I think these numbers are a temporary blip due to Halloween. This virus isn't that contagious if people aren't in close quarters for extended periods. Its also not that deadly to those under 70.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I suppose we will get our answer soon enough. I am praying the numbers come down but I think we hover around 1000 daily all winter as long as schools are still running.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
World numbers are already down, and have been for around 3-4weeks. World infection numbers peaked, now a decline. Last 20 days 15 of the case counts were way down from a mark established 3 weeks ago. Only 5 matched it. This is a trend I have been pointing out for awhile. First noted that numbers had seemingly peaked 2 weeks ago.

As I mentioned only the US numbers are holding this up. Without near 200K infections/day comign from the US alone people would be seeing drastic, instead or marginal worldwide decrease in daily case numbers.

In any wave of Covid-19 thus far, almost any area (except US) Covid rages, then slows down. Thats the pattern it has shown almost everywhere. The waves generally last 2mths.

So there isn't exponential increase globally, there isn't currently increase in daily numbers at all. Not only was there plateau, now numbers declining.

This isn't going to last in great numbers all winter just from what I've seen. Unless Canada somehow fails as badly at this as the US has. But EVEN in the pandemic gongshow US the numbers were decling the last week. But now Thanksgiving, then black friday..

US is the worst nation for this. A country that has a unique and almost constantly contentious view of liberty, a country where people will do whatever regardless, and where people typically downplay problems of any kind. I don't think theres a place on Earth that believes more in mans dominion over nature, and thus does not believe that we are at the mercy of forces greater than our own. The US is really founded on denial. Overall an odd country.

All that meant to depict that the look of the pandemic curve in NA is different than almost anywhere else where most countries are getting over this wave and hitting vastly declining numbers.

The US is very unique due to its varied climate. Its generally different states getting hit, so that would follow your general observation.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I suppose we will get our answer soon enough. I am praying the numbers come down but I think we hover around 1000 daily all winter as long as schools are still running.

Repeat after me kids under 10 don't spread disease. All the school cases I've heard of have been from teachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad