News Article: Coronavirus Part 3: Social Distance Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I read that Germany, France and many other European countries were reporting deaths from people who died in their homes of Covid or in seniors homes from Covid that were not full time care homes, as non-Covid deaths. Only deaths occurring in hospitals were being counted as Covid deaths. This seems to support that.

Yeah, I can't find it now, but I saw a graphic that showed both Covid deaths and total deaths in Italy by month and there was massive spike of non-Covid deaths along with the Covid spike.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeah, I can't find it now, but I saw a graphic that showed both Covid deaths and total deaths in Italy by month and there was massive spike of non-Covid deaths along with the Covid spike.

I wonder how many of those non-Covid deaths are due to the healthcare system being overloaded and not enough doctors to care for those with other severe diseases? Just another unfortunate effect of this crisis.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
To me this is really the only type of mortality rate that I'm interested in seeing, seeing the increase in overall death rates in a regions vs comparable periods. I shouldn't say interested, as I'd rather not, but you know what I mean.
It's the right way to measure imo, and we will see the result of it in a year or so when all data is in.

What you are saying is (more or less) how they assess deaths from flu, which is what many use as a benchmark for this. I think I already posted it but the h1n1 flu had less than 20 000 lab confirmed deaths 11 years ago, a year later they assessed the actual deaths to somewhere between 200 000 and 500 000.

This is another animal, much worse, and we'll see it when the final count is done.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I suspect the mods will have fun deleting every single post that touches on politics

on the flipside this is hitting drug dealers hard in their pocket books and that is obviously the most important thing right now

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..

Trump's tone has drastically shifted in the last couple of days.

From "full churches at Easter will be beautiful...." to..

"The next two weeks will be "painful" and "very tough," and called the pandemic a "great national trial unlike anything we have ever faced before."

Hopefully the Republican covidiots, who take his words, as gospel, will now take this crisis very seriously..

Reactions: TB12

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Countries like South Korea and Japan with larger populations than Canada have been using masks for a very long time, without causing shortages to their healthcare workers and other staff who need them.

Once Canada finally figures out the logistics of medical supplies, there should be enough for everyone. The general populace shouldn't be needing to wear N95 masks.

The appropriate use of masks can also be taught, just like how there are many sources showing people how to wash their hands properly.

Way easier said than done to get 38 million Canadians to suddenly wear masks properly and daily and without any facial hair as facial hair renders them useless.

As well making hundreds of millions of masks that aren’t for medical workers and first responders also isn’t going to happen overnight. It would take years to make masks for everyone.

With all due respect - It’s pie in the sky logic to think Canada and the USA (400 million people) will magically and properly wear masks daily that are not even manufactured yet.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Ya some people just don't get this physical distancing thing and it's frustrating. My aunt was out lining up to pay at a store and some lady tried to sneak by her to get out and basically brush against her and said "sorry" as she was literally inches away face to face. My aunt said she felt the breath and slight spit from that other lady's mouth on her face. Ffs can she say "excuse me i need to get out"? Or find another way out. Idiot.

I honestly have little hope for the human race. Too many f***ing morons and selfish people out there not to mention all the Flames and Leaf fans.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I suspect the mods will have fun deleting every single post that touches on politics

on the flipside this is hitting drug dealers hard in their pocket books and that is obviously the most important thing right now

They f***ing should, most of the political posts are utter garbage about freedom, economy before lives, being racist towards Chinese people, having this grand conspiracy that this is a bio weapon or taking a shot at climate change.

This is a thread about the virus out break. It shouldn’t be a platform for some schmucks who decide their perspective on politics is what matters.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Had a similar experience. Lined up to get in the store, and they have a row of 6 foot areas marked off with tape. Basically enough for you and your cart to wait in line. Girl behind us doesn't have a cart, so figures it's alright to lineup about 6 inches behind us. Kindly ask her to give us our 6 feet of space. She says we have the space in front of us, what's the problem. Again tell her nicely that it needs to be in both directions. She actually stomped out, all pissed off and left the store.

See it’s idiots like her and the ones in the store I was at that are going to prolong this till freaking Christmastime. They just piss me right off.

I am bringing a hockey stick to the store next time and anyone comes within a stick length they are getting gently tapped on the shins. Do it again and it’s a butt end in the sternum. Pull up right in my face and it’s a cross check into the chicklets.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I wonder how many of those non-Covid deaths are due to the healthcare system being overloaded and not enough doctors to care for those with other severe diseases? Just another unfortunate effect of this crisis.

My guess would be a lot. The systems in Italy and Spain are saturated. It sounds like the UK is next.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Ive read numerous, in depth articles, from the leading scientists in this field, saying that the digital signatures in the DNA of this virus, could only have come from animal to human transmission..

They'll be targeting the people who are looking for a reason to not listen to the scientists.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
You’re not even close to being partial. You purposely look for whatever article that’s sensational to fit your political agenda for MuH freedoms and economy.

What shape is the earth again?

You seem to have an issue with understanding that fundamentally canada is changed and its for the worst.

The feds say july roughly yet international flights are arriving daily.

We were forced to stay inside to "protect" ourselves so have not developed any herd immunity.

How many people have died globally from covid19 that would have did from the normal flu?

Yeah this is a mass failure on a global scale instead of locking down the 2% of the population that needed protecting it locked down the other 98% while still killing off the 2%

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
You seem to have an issue with understanding that fundamentally canada is changed and its for the worst.

The feds say july roughly yet international flights are arriving daily.

We were forced to stay inside to "protect" ourselves so have not developed any herd immunity.

How many people have died globally from covid19 that would have did from the normal flu?

Yeah this is a mass failure on a global scale instead of locking down the 2% of the population that needed protecting it locked down the other 98% while still killing off the 2%

Lol okay.

You don’t seem to grasp how serious of an issue this COVID-19 is. But hey, keep fighting freedom fighter.

Reactions: Leo360
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad