News Article: Coronavirus Part 3: Social Distance Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Nothing like right wing conspiracy theory shit to ruin your Youtube recommendations.

The entire scientific community is staring at this thing. They've isolated it, individually, all over the world now. It's genetically similar to bat coronaviruses. There's NO reason to doubt that conventional theory that a pangolin was the intermediate in spreading the disease from bat to person because nobody credible or informed is doubting that.

There are 6 other known Coronaviruses with human cross-tranmission and all six of them have spread. There are hundreds of Coronaviruses overall. This is just the first dangerous one to occur at a time when we were least prepared to contain it.

How the hell is that video a right wing conspiracy?

The theory is either humans got it from bats or pangolins got it from bats then spread to humans. Either theory has bats in it.

This was the main area of focus for that scientist he talks about. Also the lab is located so nearby the wet market that's the centre of this whole pandemic.

The whole point is why the scientist, whose career is based around these types of viruses in bats has gone missing. Also rumored accusations of exposure and self quarantining of those individuals. Not about if it's a bio weapon.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

The theory is either humans got it from bats or pangolins got it from bats then spread to humans. Either theory has bats in it.

This was the main area of focus for that scientist he talks about. Also the lab is located so nearby the wet market that's the centre of this whole pandemic.

The whole point is why the scientist, whose career is based around these types of viruses in bats has gone missing. Also rumored accusations of exposure and self quarantining of those individuals. Not about if it's a bio weapon.

If it wasn't a right-wing conspiracy theory video, I apologize. I didn't watch more than 20 seconds or so, it just had that distinct flavor of being one & the poster I quoted mentioned a "created in a lab" theory that's very common among alt-right types in certain places.

I tend to believe that a market place that sells live Pangolins is more likely to be responsible than a lab, which would be manned by scientists and have strict procedure and safety regulations. SARS likely broke out from bat to civet cat; MERS from bat to camel. These outbreaks don't take a glass breaking in a lab-esk moment to happen.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The past 7 days the US rate of new infection has grown on average by 110% per day, no doubt most of that due to increased testing.
The past 7 days the US rate of new deaths per day has grown on average of 124% per day.

If you take the rate of infection to April 15, and it is very likely you will have a higher rate of infection due to more aggressive testing along with community transmission in the past 2 weeks, you get just over 1,000,000 total cases.

If you take the new death rate at only an increase of 115% per day on average, you get 54,000 deaths. That is probably conservative as the hospitals will be overwhelmed and PPE runs out. New York State say they have enough PPE until Sunday for example.

Either way in 2 weeks what we are looking at today is going to be child's play by comparison to two weeks from today, in particular if the rest of the US states do not lock down and lock down right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dorian2

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
USA numbers are getting scary. 26k new cases, over 1k deaths reported today. Sadly, half those deaths were in just 1 city, New York.

When this is over, there will be time to analyse the true impact. I didn't know before the last thread on here that H1N1 only had ~3k lab confirmed deaths. Later it was estimated up to 12.5k. For COVID-19, especially with the lack of testing early on, I imagine there were many deaths written off in the USA alone as being caused by flu-like symptoms and there was never a chance to know if the patient had COVID-19 or not.
Conversely, there are also many other deaths where they discovered the victim had COVID-19, but may have died from other causes.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

This same Chinese scientist also worked in the Winnipeg Level 4 virology facility, which is the same type of facility that is in Wuhan. His disappearance has apparently raised more than one eyebrow. That said I have no clue where this virus came from but reading the materials publicly available it appears to have been naturally created with a bat being the base carrier and no I haven't watched the video nor do I intend to.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
The past 7 days the US rate of new infection has grown on average by 110% per day, no doubt most of that due to increased testing.
The past 7 days the US rate of new deaths per day has grown on average of 124% per day.

If you take the rate of infection to April 15, and it is very likely you will have a higher rate of infection due to more aggressive testing along with community transmission in the past 2 weeks, you get just over 1,000,000 total cases.

If you take the new death rate at only an increase of 115% per day on average, you get 54,000 deaths. That is probably conservative as the hospitals will be overwhelmed and PPE runs out. New York State say they have enough PPE until Sunday for example.

Either way in 2 weeks what we are looking at today is going to be child's play by comparison to two weeks from today, in particular if the rest of the US states do not lock down and lock down right now.

if this occurs, than there's going to need to be another "explosion" in a State outside NY/NJ...who account for over half of the country's cases

California and Washington state for example, had 53 and 39 positive tests respectively on March 4th, NY has 6 positive cases

since then , Washington is at 5,634..California has 8,155 and NY has a whopping 83, 712..

How many coronavirus cases have been found in each U.S. state

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
@5 Mins 4 Ftg , @SK13 , @soothsayer

If you end up getting videos you don't want YouTube recommending you can read this link to help you out :laugh: if you didn't know already.

Manage your recommendations and search results - Android - YouTube Help

Yeah I know how to edit what I want and don't want to see in Youtube and yet I still get ridiculous feeds sent to me. That said I am careful to not watch conspiracy videos as I already know the world is flat and don't need Youtube to tell me that....:nod:

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Oil prices could soon turn negative as th world runs out of space to store it - CNN

Conversely they end the article by saying that it could end with an oil price explosion once things get rolling.

Yeah its always an interesting thing.

Shut-ins happen then the stalling of capital expansions then demand resumes and continues to climb but because additiaonal production takes time to bring online you have a price surge.

If the saudis werent twits the would have let oil sit at 70 per barrel and everything would be balanced

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Federal government definitely will need to get wage subsidy money to business owners a lot sooner than May. It's so unreasonable for them to think all small business owners have cash or lines of credit at their disposal. Some may but many probably don't.

I still can't believe they have to redo the wage subsidy bill again. What a gaffe. In the mean time when they redo it, they can expedite it and give payments immediately after business owners apply for it.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

if this occurs, than there's going to need to be another "explosion" in a State outside NY/NJ...who account for over half of the country's cases

California and Washington state for example, had 53 and 39 positive tests respectively on March 4th, NY has 6 positive cases

since then , Washington is at 5,634..California has 8,155 and NY has a whopping 83, 712..

No you don't need another explosion of cases. It is a new infection rate of 110% which is an incremental daily increase and there is nothing to suggest that in the USA the incremental daily increase of cases is going to slow down.

Your number of cases is irrelevant as there was almost no testing being done in New York State March 4. There were/are probably hundreds of thousands walking around the USA right now who are positive and infectious but not presenting any or little symptoms. Right now one lab alone is reporting a backlog of 160,000 tests.

So at 110% per day you reach 1,000,000 cases in two weeks, and it the virus is doubling in new cases right now at a rate of every 3-4 days.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
:badidea:

Who knows guys, maybe when the NHL resumes the players will have to play using social distancing rules. Two metres between players.

This could be really good for McDavid :)

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Federal government definitely will need to get wage subsidy money to business owners a lot sooner than May. It's so unreasonable for them to think all small business owners have cash or lines of credit at their disposal. Some may but many probably don't.

I still can't believe they have to redo the wage subsidy bill again. What a gaffe. In the mean time when they redo it, they can expedite it and give payments immediately after business owners apply for it.

It wont help 99% of the businesses

Business will have to make 4 payrolls, 2 months rents and expenses and still no help for the business

You need to prove 30% revenue loss because of Covid
You need to provide 25% of the wage
You only get 75% of the wage
And you get to do this every month

The only thing this does is give the Feds a different way of giving people ei

For a business owner thats only part of the problem

I sent 12 guys home today with pink slips. And informed my account to get the books ready for closing the company

Reactions: bellagiobob

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

PS nice to read Apple is sending 1.9 million masks to NYC. They are still going to be short ventilators and other PPE but this is huge.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
We are screwed

As for those asking about the comments trying to discredit the doctor. A southern blogger put up edited information making it look like his whole history is a lie and posted several anonymous comments from sources saying he was a plant by the fake media to make a certain person look bad

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It wont help 99% of the businesses

Business will have to make 4 payrolls, 2 months rents and expenses and still no help for the business

You need to prove 30% revenue loss because of Covid
You need to provide 25% of the wage
You only get 75% of the wage
And you get to do this every month

The only thing this does is give the Feds a different way of giving people ei

For a business owner thats only part of the problem

I sent 12 guys home today with pink slips. And informed my account to get the books ready for closing the company

Tough to read that you have to close but it only makes fiscal sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad